General Gameplay New Sandbox maps on Nublar

Your Feature Request / Idea
The current map on Isla nublar is okay but I think I'm kind of getting tired of it I think having more options of different maps on Isla nublar in sandbox mode would be more awesome large to small maps would be a nice option at least with different locations as seen in the movie or made up locations.

For example:

1. 2 Large Maps
2. 2 Medium Maps
3. 2 Small Maps-Including the Original SANDBOX location map

I think this would be reasonable for a sandbox optional choiceand I think it would be easier to implement into the game, so people won't get bored with the original sandbox map and I hope Frontier will consider this idea in the future for future updates or DLC. With New Dinosaurs on the Way were going to need bigger maps to fit all our Dinosaurs in.

ISLA NUBLAR
1e1a14995f9c2dbf7b9db92cf77e9b88b16761f1r1-849-1000v2_hq.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like this too!
I had a similar thought with new sandbox maps located on the north, south, east, and western parts of the island. Each one unlocked from 4 starring the 4 islands of the islands of death after matanceros.
This will be amazing for console players with limited saves who want to experiment on maps and hold on to one or two favorites parks without needing to restart nublar.

I'd be happy if we could modify terrain outside of the boundary zone so that I can have valleys and hills without having them limited to the terrain on the other side of the boundary line. Having a valley when the original elevation is high, means a lot of room is taken up by an automatic hill that you can't build on other than fences.

Would also agree having a much larger maps for Nublar sandbox would be great. Currently I have 3 Save Game copies and the only difference is how I have redesigned Nublar which sucks if I want to go change something on another one of the islands, because that means the other two Nublar save versions, wont' update the changes on the other islands unless I manually do it for each different save. Having newer maps on Nublar would solve this issue...

Hey, so here is another reason why I think it is important to have more nublar maps!

https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/b7x0cd Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/b7x0cd/question_about_secrets_of_doctor_wu_dlc_and_isla/

The reddit post above showcases a player who wanted to use their Dr.Wu dlc in another sandbox map the player worked on. But since both maps are on different saves, one is prior to the SODW missions and one is after the SODW missions, the player has to redo the missions for the map that has not done the missions or erase that map entirely.

By having multiple maps in Isla Nublar, we would have multiple maps to play with on the same save slot without having to worry on redoing missions to have each version of nublar to be caught up in new dinosaurs and resources. This will also greatly aid players who play it on console as well who wish to play around with different map ideas but are limited to 4 save slots for the campaign mode.

The problem mentioned in that post is a really annoying one resulting from a very lame design: sandbox should be completely independent from other saves.

I didn't enjoyed the campaign that much, didn't feel attracted by Wu's thing and certainly find the challenge mode annoying so I ignore that too. Yet, I shiver to think what would happen if I accidentally overwrite the savegame or somehow find it corrupt.

I'm ok with having to play the campaign to unlock things but I'm not excited to have to repeat it, so please, please, make a separate game and savegames for Sandbox!

Top Bottom