New Zealand birds.

As a New Zealander, I'm very much torn on the kiwi.

I'd like to see some focus given to it, since it's our national bird, and endangered and heavily protected, but I'm not sure Planet Zoo can do it justice. I wouldn't be happy if, for example, it was just another habitat animal. I know people point to the aardvark as a nocturnal animal not given nocturnal behaviour in-game, but I know for a fact some zoos do display aardvarks in regular enclosures and aardvarks can adapt to a diurnal lifestyle in the absence of predators. Not so with kiwi, which are universally displayed in nocturnal houses.

I think if they included the kiwi, I'd like to at least have the ability to use the game's lighting during the day, so we can create nocturnal houses.

As an aside, I'm in favour of including at least the kiwi so I can build a zoo in New Zealand without it being totally unrealistic. I mean, you literally cannot go to the zoo here without there being a large focus on native conservation (which is good and makes sense), so at the very least the kiwi would do wonders to make that believable.

Top Bottom