Next Power Play module?

I have a full complement of Prismatic Shields, Packhound Missiles, and Pacifier Fragmentation Cannons. What would be your choice of Power Play module to unlock next?

Bonus points if you describe why and what engineering/experimental effects you like to add.

I have a full complement of Prismatic Shields, Packhound Missiles, and Pacifier Fragmentation Cannons. What would be your choice of Power Play module to unlock next?

Bonus points if you describe why and what engineering/experimental effects you like to add.
ImpHammer (lightweight plasma slug for explorers, long range feedback/superpen for combat)
Thats about the only other useful module I can think about. All others are sidegrades.

Winters Pulse Disruptor is interesting, and add on scamble spectrum for possbily (?) two malfunctions in one.

APA from Denton is also a laugh, although its natural paring with target lock breaker is less useful now.

You've pretty much already got the good ones.

It's Mining Lance time.
I think Mining Lance will be the last one I get. ... Just for completeness once I have unlocked and purchased enough quantities of all the other Power Play Modules.
Saving the best for last :p

So much investment for so little gain. I started out with the Packhounds due to a video someone made. While they are interesting, the heat damage you take from firing them negates the usefulness. I then got the Prismatic shields. They are maybe the only Powerplay module that seems worth having. Paired with the Guardian shield booster and it becomes nearly impossible for an NPC enemy to hurt you.

I have watched videos of others demo-ing all the other weapons and they all seem to be a trade off that makes the time investment too much trouble. At least when I ranked up in Imperial, I got the Cutter. That was a worthwhile grind. Grinding should net a gain, not a trade off.

I think Mining Lance will be the last one I get. ... Just for completeness once I have unlocked and purchased enough quantities of all the other Power Play Modules.
Saving the best for last :p
It's just a shame you can't engineer the mining lance (or any mining tools for that matter)

I'm surprised you don't have cytoscramblers in your armory yet! In my opinion and practice cytos are undoubtedly the best anti shield weapon. From a single small hardpoint with cytoscrambler (27,4) you deal dps greater than class three fixed beam laser (25,8). Where do I use them the most? On small ships with small hardpoints - Eagles, Adder, Cobra, DBS, Vipers. I also love them to use on the Alliance C-ships where I can fit three cytos in those small hardpoints. Perhaps Asp Explorer maybe not the best ship for intense combat but four cytoscramblers are a game changer in this case. It is definitely worth having a good amount of cytos as they have a lot of uses on many ships.
Speaking of Cytos, I'd also mention the Enforcer Cannon from Pranav. Their use is best on small ships where in medium hardpoint you have other weapons like energy and you're not sure what to put in those smalls. Another cool idea are again - the Alliance C-ships and Asp Explorer, where you can ideally mount more than two of them. Enforcer cannon damage profile is mostly aimed towards smaller targets, but all depends on your creativity. Oh, and did I mention the firing sound? :)

Generally speaking - all powerplay modules are good to have, besides two modules - the Mining Lance and the Retributor laser. I tried mining with the lance, 2 km operating range is nice, but they are extremely distro hungry and generate good amount of heat. I was able to use six of them on my Cutter where I was litteraly sitting in one spot, frying rocks from the distance, rotating only while a swarm of collector limpets worked like bees picking up output. Somehow the mining tempo wasn't fast enough! Later on tried with T6 and T7, but - meh. Too heavy fro the distro so I got back to regular mining beams.

I unlocked APAs recently which are fun but can cook you alive if you get carried away. I did 2x APA rapid fire + 2x Hammer hi cap load out on my FAS. A little too hot if you get trigger happy. I think cytoscramblers will be next - I like the 3x on the alliance ships idea posted above. Still leaves room for hammers and APA (y)

Top Bottom