Ninja theory makers of Hellblade Senua's sacrifice discuss their new games and direction

TLDW:

Hellblade 2 is about how madness and suffering shapes myths and gods and religion
The Insight Project is exploring mental suffering to game the mind to promote better mental health
Project Mara is a representation of mental terror.

You may or may not like their games, but at least they're making an effort. Looking for new ideas, new themes to build their games around. I thought Hellblade was brilliant. Having encountered mental health issues within my family, living and learning to deal with it for decades I thought they really approach the topic quite delicately and competently. I can't wait to play Hellblade 2, and I'm interested to see what the hell is this thing about. It sounds intriguing.

Senua was an amazing experience, but honestly, looking at their future plans I'm starting to worry about them.

I mean... Either they are simply weird and trying to be the next Kojima, or they are dealing with some serious issues and this is their therapy.
One way or another, this can't be healthy. :LOL:

Hellblade was excellent and the fact they added in VR support just because they felt it would make their game better rather than any economic reason I thought was fantastic.

I do worry that now MS has bought Ninja Theory that will all change however.... Time will tell but if i were a betting man i dont think MS would allow them to do such extravogant things just because it makes their game better.

edit.... perhaps I take that back... 3min 25 in the guy in the background has a vive as well as 4min 10...... fingers crossed, it does sound like to achieve their goals VR will be a no brainer.... but considering MS seem to have dropped support for windows MR and the Xbox is not having VR as far as we know, that does seem strange.

Last edited:
Top Bottom