Engineers No POIs?

I'm currently flying over IH-V C2-16 C4 since it's supposed to have barnacles (damn you Feli) and I noticed that I get no POIs at all while flying.

I can find them via the SRV but from the ship are they absolutely undetectable...
And it used to work the same way I do it now before in 2.0 and 2.1 beta, flying at ~2km and looking for blue blobs on the radar (max zoomed out helps), but nada ._.

Did they change something or did something on my end break in a weird way? Anyone else having this issue?

I flew over several POI, this evening. I haven't checked any - my focus was elsewhere, but I did see them. Normal blue circles.

They might be less common I didn't have three or four off them on my scanner at all times, which is a good thing, I believe.

Did about a dozen ground POI this evening, they are dropping fine.
Quite annoyed you cant target the skimmers from the ship anymore.

I went from IH-V C2-16 C 4 to C 3, checked there, got assaulted by an npc cobra and almost shot to shreds while attempting to shoot him to shreds, ran and kept dodging him as he was bugging me while I went to C3.
In the end I didn't find a single POI there either but I did find something via SRV.

Went to Merope C 5, same thing again.

I now went to Maia and noticed the new planetary base so I went there out of curiousity, went away from it and looked for a POI and actually found one a bit away.

Overall does it seem like they are only a fraction as common now as they were before and for whatever reason are there some that are detectable via SRV but not via ship, atleast for me. Like small ship and SRV wrecks.
If these are meant to show up on the ship's radar too then something's partially broken on my end and validate didn't fix it so far.

Anyways, this stupid meta alloy will be 'fun' to find now...

Did about a dozen ground POI this evening, they are dropping fine.
Quite annoyed you cant target the skimmers from the ship anymore.

I was able to target skimmers with my ship, except I had to wait until they fired on me. Still annoying though.

Well given I seem to have verified that POIs are still working for me, mostly, and are just rare as hell I'd like to rephrase my question: did they get rare as hell indeed when you're out of the bubble like pleiades or are they for anyone else very frequent too and just I get like 1 per hour?

I'm over 4800 ly out and landed on several planets last night.... Zero POI, though I did encounter a USS wreck in super cruise with 'stolen' data archives drifting about...

[mutter] how deep space salvage can be considered 'stolen' still eludes me... [/mutter]

Last edited:
Well given I seem to have verified that POIs are still working for me, mostly, and are just rare as hell I'd like to rephrase my question: did they get rare as hell indeed when you're out of the bubble like pleiades or are they for anyone else very frequent too and just I get like 1 per hour?

Yes, the frequency of POIs outside the bubble has been scaled down. You wont find tea every 3km now.

Last edited:
I found the same issue last night up around the Pleiades, there were poi's on the ground (I found one because someone was landed by it so could see their ship) but no blue radar marker when in flight above it. I found other poi's in locations closer to the bubble and those had blue markers as usual

I'm flying now for 30min straight over Merope 5 C at ~2km, nothing. Not a single blue blob.

It might be that I won the lottery of unluckyness but I'll dare to say that they reduced the POI frequency to death outside the bubble.

I found one crashed nav beacon but that only after driving straight for like 5-10min, and for the most of that time was there not even minerals around.

During beta, POI's outside the bubble were completely absent from altitude when I played. I could only find using the SRV and every single one was the same - crashed SRV. That was in early beta though.

I think POI's outside the bubble are extremely rare now.

I'm near the tip of the outer arm. I found one crashed nav beacon so far, so it tells me the POI are not full gone just more rare to find.

Last edited:
Top Bottom