Powerplay Noob Question: Rating requirement for prismatic shields

To qualify for Prismatic Shields, do I have to maintain Rating 3 every week I am pledged to Aisling Duval or do I have to just finish the last week as Rating 3?

Finish the last week as Rating 3.

Yes, I nice lazy approach is to simply pledge, wait till week 3, get 750 merit,and when the 4th week spins over you have the correct time and rank to pick up your module of choice! :)

then just defect, re-pledge to another power to exploit their modules and repeat!

Best of luck to you!

remember to try and stock up on the different Generators as possible (don't do what I did, bought size 6 and 7, then realised the cutter had size 8 after I defected :O ...now for another 4 week wait :()

Do you have to maintain Rating 3 for as long as you want to buy them as well?

after the 3 week period, Yes.

I know, bit of a shame, I was hoping the modules would at least be available for elite Pilots At Jameson Memorial....but no.

Do you have to maintain Rating 3 for as long as you want to buy them as well?

Several CMDRs have a number of Dropships kitted with PP modules so they can keep them. The Dropship can hold just about every module but the high end Prismatics, and for that you need a Type 9 to hold a class 8 Prismatic until you can get the Cutter. Or use module storage.

I got my PS's! Now I'm good for next week, but what if I let my merits lapse to Rating 2? Can I purchase them the next week I get it back up to Rating 3, or do I have to do 4 weeks penance again?

Also, what's next best thing to pledge towards getting?

Last edited:
As long as you don't unpledge or defect in between, you only have to make Rating 3 to purchase them. If you defect and come back, you'll have to wait 4 weeks again.

Top Bottom