Noob trying to use a Blueprint Coaster

Hi all,
I've downloaded the Cheyenne coaster from the Steam Workshop, and have placed it in my park. The park entrance and exit are already placed, but they are in the middle of the build and I cant work out how to run an queue and exit path to the entrance and exit, because I'm banging into obstructions. I'm sure I am misunderstanding something fundamental here - can anyone help with what it might be?

The Cheyenne coaster seems to have rave reviews so it cant be that!

Thanks in advance

tt

f7912c226f722addd922e50034d43fa3.jpg

There are what looks like spaces for paths running off to the left for the entrance and the right for the exit but if I follow those I just run into the build
https://gyazo.com/f7912c226f722addd922e50034d43fa3

9fb230aaf82669947effd5981f6cefd3.jpg

https://gyazo.com/9fb230aaf82669947effd5981f6cefd3

I have the same problem with the Copperhead Strike coaster, Ive dialed the path size down to minimum length and width but running the exit path out I just hit this (above)!

I'm sure the problem is me not the blueprints since plenty of people use them, but I am lost as to why I'm having this problem and would really appreciate some pointers

The default queue width is 3m. Building pieces are 4m long. A 4m wide queue will align perfectly with most blueprints like this. However, it looks like you are using a 4m wide path so the problem may be in the blueprint, or perhaps it was designed for a 3m wide path?

A way to test whether the coaster entrance and exit are in the proper place for path alignment is to open the coaster window and click on the diamond icon - this starts a new building with its grid aligned with the coaster. The coaster entrance and exit should be positioned so an arch wall piece in this building perfectly aligns with the coaster entrance and exit. If not, that is the problem with 4m queue alignment in the picture above. It can be fixed by moving the coaster entrance and/or exit.

When I build coasters, before I place the entrance and exit I create a 2 piece station building using the coaster's diamond icon to start the building. The building consists of two arches that are placed to determine entrance and exit position.

Top Bottom