North American Animal pack

Although not all of these animals would have been my individual picks if put on the spot (I would love to see the alligator snapping turtle, raccoon, and beaver and would never imagine including the whooping crane of my own volition), I've got to say that the level of thought and biome representation put into this selection leaves it standing head and shoulders above every other suggested NA pack I've seen. Seriously, this is such a good analysis. Bravo. I'd love it if this was our actual pack.
Glad to hear it!

I live on Texas. I frequently go to NE Texas, which ends up next to Shreveport, Louisiana. Everyone I go I see certain animals that I would also love to see. So, this is what one version of a NA Pack would be (many of these, although no generally popular, are because I have seen them in the wild and enjoy observing them):

1. White-Tailed Deer
2. Coyote
3. Striped Skunk
4. Wild Boar
5. Bobcat
6. Greater Roadrunner
7. Red Wolf
8. Cottonmouth or Copperhead

Now, my personal dream pack would be:

1. American Black Bear - these are important as they have been exterminated from Texas and have recently been coming back
2. Red Wolf - a critically endangered animal with conservation efforts. Many have been hybridized with Coyotes. Plus, I swear I saw one once, at least a hybrid
3. White-Tailed Deer - this animal has such a huge range
4. Greater Roadrunner - I love watching them outsmart Coyotes (oh, wait). Actually, I love seeing these in large fields jumping to catch insects
5. Bobcat - a small cat with a scary deep growl
6. Gray Fox - my favorite animal. A Red Fox honestly would be ok, too
7. American Beaver - I like Beavers. And, we'd get our 1st rodent
8. Cottonmouth - I've seen these so many times at the creek

This is what we possibly will get:

1. Puma - I mean, come on. This one is all over the Americas
2. American Alligator - this is the apex predator of Southwest US
3. Moose - the largest deer in the world (fun fact: the Irish Elk would've look down on the Moose)
4. Red Fox - I feel they would add this little guy
5. White-Nosed Coati - a far better choice than a Raccoon (although I love Raccoons)
6. Virginia Opposum - people say marsupial, you think Australia. But what about this guy? Sure, they can be pests, but still a nice animal
7. Whooping Crane - I believe they are endangered. But, their red heads are an amazing contrast to their white feathers on their body
8. Axolotl - an endangered salamander (or newt?) from Mexico

Anyways, that's what I believe will happen, but I'm 99.99% wrong, likely

Top Bottom