Not sure if this is VR related or not.

So I play in the Valve Index and have been playing very nicely until just now. I played last night and loaded a Cutter with LTD's and waited until I found a good price today to sell them. The problem happened immediately and no trouble shooting has helped me so far. When I get to the main menu and go to select solo play, the cursor moves very fast from right to left. It's impossible to control and makes the game unplayable as it makes buying and selling anything way too difficult to manage. I didn't change any settings in the game and did nothing different at all from last night, so I have no clue what's causing this or how to stop it, but until I can get it to stop, this game is over for me. If anyone knows what's happening and how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

What controls are you using?

The only time I’ve experienced something similar, it turned out one of the keys on my keyboard had got stuck down.

The only time I’ve experienced something similar, it turned out one of the keys on my keyboard had got stuck down.

I thought it was a compressed key as well, so I messed with the keyboard to sort it out & it's still crazy. I use a HOTAS in game and all of my buttons and joysticks are fine. I even turned my keyboard and mouse off to make sure there wasn't a conflict. I know this is a weird situation and if it comes to it, I'll reinstall the game and reset my bindings. But I'd really rather not do that if there's a choice.

Personally, I’d start by unplugging the HOTAS and any other controller type peripherals you’ve got before getting to the reinstallation phase. Take a back-up of your bindings first :)

I had a dodgy dead-zone on an old Xbox 360 wireless pad give me some oddities before now, and also had some confusion caused by an accidental double key bind in the controls options.

Hope you get it sorted without drastic measures!

As Arioch suggests, I'd try unplugging the HOTAS first.
I've had a similar issue when my X52 Pro was playing up - on one occasion, it was the cable joining the throttle to the joystick which was loose,
the other occasion it was the little mouse stick on the throttle that was stuck - a quick wobble of it seemed to sort it.

As Arioch suggests, I'd try unplugging the HOTAS first.
I've had a similar issue when my X52 Pro was playing up - on one occasion, it was the cable joining the throttle to the joystick which was loose,
the other occasion it was the little mouse stick on the throttle that was stuck - a quick wobble of it seemed to sort it.

Good suggestion and I tried it. Still nothing. I uninstalled & reinstalled, but that didn't fix it either. I'd like to reset the key bindings to default and start over, but I don't know how to do that. I've done all the troubleshooting and nothing seems to work.

You can remove the bindings files directly, and the game will then start over fresh with default bindings.

You don't have to delete them, you can just move them somewhere else like a folder on your desktop.
To find your bindings, simply press the windows key+r then copy the following string into the open field and hit enter.
Code:
%appdata%\..\local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\options\bindings\

Got it sorted out. I played another game before jumping back into Elite and when I wrapped the cord around the controller, it pressed on the joystick. It's weird because I do that all the time and never had this happen before. But I got it and I unloaded 520 LTD's. I appreciate all the tips.

Top Bottom