Notoriety only for murder?

Have been bounty hunting at a CNB for a while and accidentally hit two other clean ships. Now I have notoriety two and am wondering why. I'm pretty sure that I haven't killed them, just hit them for a few seconds until recognizing they're clean.

So, can you get notoriety also for other actions than murder?

The official FDev description just mentions murder:
When you commit a murder your Notoriety is increased by one unit up to a maximum of ten.

You hit the clean ships which would have got you an assault bounty...

After which they got destroyed (by the other NPC's they were fighting) but you got 'credited' with the kill, just as you do if you are fighting a wanted ship but don't happen to get the kill shot in. The only way to avoid this is to leave the instance before they pop...

Hence you got bounties for murder / destruction and the subsequent notoriety.

I believe there is a 10 second rule in place after your last hit for both cases described above. After the 10 seconds, you should not be credited with the kill/murder any more.

I believe there is a 10 second rule in place after your last hit for both cases described above. After the 10 seconds, you should not be credited with the kill/murder any more.

Nah, that's the rule by which you can leave your seat for a certain length of time before the dog gets your seat...

Dogs never follow that rule.

Doubt that they were killed within 10 seconds after I hit them, were big ships with shields still up. Can anyone confirm this rule?

Doubt that they were killed within 10 seconds after I hit them, were big ships with shields still up. Can anyone confirm this rule?
Yes, this rule exists but in my experience the time window is longer than 10 secs. I've gotten murder bounties after first boosting out of masslock in a HazRES and while the FSD was almost done charging. So 20-30 seconds maybe longer even.

Top Bottom