Object Not Animating in Planet Coaster

I'm trying to create an animated object in Planet Coaster, but it's like the animation simply won't play in PlanCo. I tried importing a very simple dummy object with a simple animation from Blender to PlanCo just to see if the problem was my original file, but the animation still won't work in game. I have set up and animated everything correctly in Blender as far as I know, and the object successfully uploads to TMTK. The animation plays out correctly in Blender but once I place the object down in game it stays still, despite having all the animation options. I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem. I'll attach the files for the zip folder I'm uploading to TMTK and a zip folder containing the blender file that has the simple dummy object I'm trying to port in.

Attachments

• Anim Test.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • Animated object blender file.zip
    266 KB · Views: 66
Hi,

the problem is that you created animation key frames for the whole armature in object mode. What you need to actually do is enter pose mode and create keyframes for the bone. You can spot this mistake in the graph editor:
1681632529877.png

If the animation is done correctly, it should say "Bone" instead of "Object Transforms".

The easiest fix is probably deleting the keyframes, then entering pose mode and creating the animation again (select the bone and create keyframes). There may be some way of moving the object mode frames to pose mode, but I am not aware of one that doesn't involve some coding. Since your animation is simple, you probably can just recreate it.

Top Bottom