Oculus Rift S - Touch Controllers to HOTAS

So I have been flying for a few weeks now, using the touch controllers.. thinking ok.. this isn't too bad... I have everything I need mapped to the controllers and a few commands in Voice Attack. I don't need a Hotus...

I got an inexpensive Hotus.

I WAS WRONG.

The difference is staggering. The level of control with the Hotus is way.... way... better.

Even with a cheep Hotus ( $45 after tax ) it was worth it 100%. When this one dies I'll be shelling out for a more expensive one.

On the flip side... I managed to buy an AspX and set it up for mining - read some tutorials... Found some void opals and other nice minerals.

A classed the AspX for mining, then A classed a Vulture for combat - So much easier with the Hotas for combat.

Yes, Elite in VR with a HOTAS is close to 100% immersion. For me it even increased, when i mounted transducers to my cockpit seat... actually feeling the engine vibrate and getting physical feedback from impacts and SRV wheels... priceless. Now all that is missing, is a little motion simulation :D...

It actually is. If you go for a custom solution, you can get a decent setup for around 100 bucks. You will need an additional soundcard to separate audio from transducer signals, an amplifier and at least 2 transducers. The software to control everything is free (Voicemeeter).

Top Bottom