Odyssey and console players!

i-dunno-gif-9.gif

Well, they would have more locations to pick up missions and more diverse types of missions to accept. However I belive with the diminishing returns you eventually get keep it from really being OP in their favor. Although I know nothing about if different system states can be achieved through Odyssey specific gameplay or not

There's probably some wartime advantage as surface CZs can get a lot of combat bonds quicker than the space ones. It may not be as simple as "do surface CZs to win the war", though - but there's certainly some things to investigate and experiment with there.

Otherwise, bounties are lower than the space equivalent, the missions take longer and are harder to stack for similar +INF, it probably doesn't help trade in a BGS sense, and exobiology has no BGS impact at all, so you're probably better sticking to Horizons for raw BGS results.

Yea, I didn't even consider the mission difficulty for Odyssey compared to the relative easiness of stacking X data courier or other similar mostly risk free missions. Good catch.

But I suppose Odyssey players can still take those mission too. It pretty much boils down to the individual and how good they are at bgs manipulation, making me think that it's pretty much even

Good question.
One thing I've noticed is the free 400ARX cap. After the weekly reset on Thursday, I hit it within one or max two Odyssey play sessions, so usually by Friday. Even with loads of stacked horizon missions I wouldn't manage this normally until mid week, if at all.
If the BGS rewards are similarly weighted, then odyssey is a seriously powerful tool.

Good question.
One thing I've noticed is the free 400ARX cap. After the weekly reset on Thursday, I hit it within one or max two Odyssey play sessions, so usually by Friday. Even with loads of stacked horizon missions I wouldn't manage this normally until mid week, if at all.
If the BGS rewards are similarly weighted, then odyssey is a seriously powerful tool.
Just like when Horizons was released reward points for killing Thargoids were so high you coud become Elite in no time. Now Odysseys rank points for on foot killing are pretty high, until Fdev will balance them properly. Just shhh... don't tell no body. ;)
I'm not sure about BGS points but from what I can tell, they the same. Just with Odyssey it is easier to lower enemy faction Influence because you have now on foot settlement missions that I think are designed for that purpose.

Ticks are separate for Horizons and Odyssey. It means that influence cap applies to both ticks separately. So you bring much more influence when you do on-foot and on-ship missions in the same day, even without switching the client. For example, 1 on-foot + 1 on-ship mission is better than 3 on-ship missions.

Last edited:
Apart the Apex taxi/Frontline dropships (you see them in SC in open, but can't be interdicted) the advantage is in the foot missions buckets as they are [apparently] separated from the ship ones.

That's true. In my case, I'm often running missions for my player faction, so I am wary of screwing the pooch because of a bug.
I think after something like 30 influence you're only getting diminishing returns anyways. I could be off on the amount but yea, if you're often doing missions for your faction, 1 or 2 screw-ups aren't going to effect it in anyway that will be noticeable

Top Bottom