General Odyssey Settlements closer together with missions available at settlement.

I really like the gameplay at the new Odyssey settlements, but we know most of that gameplay loop is going to and from the place where you picked up the mission. Also, anytime I go to a settlement for a mission, I only experience one aspect of said settlement (pick up schematic>go to terminal>find right container>leave), You can go to a settlement and complete your mission without getting near anyone or entering a building depending on the mission. While all this is alright, (a good way to stretch out settlement content I guess) I have an idea.

For this to work, settlements would need to be a lot closer together, around 5-10km for walking to.
But in each settlement, there would be missions available for any settlement nearby, same missions we get at a concourse, available from a terminal or just people.
In this way, someone could go down to a settlement "cluster" with 2 or 3 settlements near each other and go around doing missions for them without ever leaving the planet.
It would give an opportunity to become familiar with the settlements layouts and have this knowledge actually be useful.

Although I have not played around with the new Odyssey settlements, so there is probably something I've missed.
Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom