Once upon a time... A Python with no shields or guns

Hello mates.
I'm posting just to share the laugh of an NPC encounter.
I was doing some trade with my Asp-X, minding my own business, when at the last leg of my trip, I heard the comm of a baddie. He said my cargo was juicy.
So I slowed down to a stop, and dropped from supercruise.
Unsheathed my guns and started flying backwards. (Don't ask me, but it's a fine way of facing the enemy when he enters the instance).
As soon as he entered, I targeted him and saw...     ! A Python! Gotta flee!
As I was turning around and boosting my belly out, I noticed he wasn't firing as they usually do.
He even said I was going to be toast, be he didn't give no fire.
Then I noticed he had no shields.    ?
I turned around to check him out. He kept flying around me without shooting, and I kept flying around him to see if he was going to take a chance. Nothing, nada.
I didn't want to get tagged, so I bailed out and left it there, as stupid as he was.
Back to supercruise... the moron once again appears and says he wants my cargo. This time I let him interdict me.
Dropped my speed to 0 and submitted.
It really was the same fool, with no shields, just flying at me like a chunk of metal without guns.
This was the first time to find such an NPC.
I decided to kill him the unconventional way. I made turns around him, and when possible, I boosted and rammed him hard.
He died and I got a nice reward.

This will probably be the first and last of his kind. But it's always refreshing and fun to see weird things happening in this lovely game.

Top Bottom