Horizons Optimal ship type in military strike zones/ combat zones

For the Commanders among you that frequent the expansion combat zones in Power Play (military strike zones or violent protest zones etc) what are you finding is the most efficient ship for collecting those precious merits?

Ive just upgraded to an A rated Python from an A rated Federal Assault Ship and I'm not convinced the Python is more efficient at collecting merits than the FAS.

For example to maintain rating 5 is 500 kills for the 5000 merits per week and that is taking me about 7 or 8 hours in the Python.

What are your experiences?

Best to wing up and use heavy firepower, corvette or anaconda is probably ideal. In wings everyone that tags the ship gets full merits for each kill so it saves a lot of time.

Best to wing up and use heavy firepower, corvette or anaconda is probably ideal. In wings everyone that tags the ship gets full merits for each kill so it saves a lot of time.

Yes that is true. Also depending on the random number generator you can end up with the greens far outnumbering the Reds for good periods and so with multiple attackers on the same target you can rack up merits pretty quickly.

Ive found myself low waking in and out to re-spawn the playing field if the environment and odds aren't that favourable for more rapid merit accumulation.

But yes your own wing would be the ideal approach.

Top Bottom