Owning an Outpost space station

Has there ever been any discussion on being able to purchase an Outpost? Is this something the game developers could or should include one day? Could be interesting to manage and maintain as a business venture within the game and a way to earn credits.

We're getting fleet carriers. Those could eventually get some station-like properties if they won't have them from the start anyway.

I would like to own a small outpost too but seems unlikely. I guess that we could ask for player faction owned outposts... I know, we already have that, but I was thinking about the capability of squadrons to build new ones.

For example, if an expansion doesn't find a system in 30 lys around, it could look for not-habitated systems and would enter in some kind of "construction" state. Trading and recon missions would be spawned and if there is a success, an outpost is created in the empty system. If successful, another state is started like "colonization" and missions to transport colonizers and deliver materials are triggered. Depending on the success, the amount of starting population and services is determined.

From then, other factions could expand into that system, creating space for all the new player factions.

They talked about being able to inflate your own base in an asteroid once. Not sure how that fits in now that fleet carriers are a thing.

What I was suggesting/proposing was perhaps one day in the future existing Outpost stations would randomly come up for sale. This way the stations existing function, location, orbit, etc. etc. is already established in the game and no need for the programers to add that. Then as a responsible owner it would be up to you to periodically visit the station. There would be certain tasks required of you to ensure the station is kept up. So doing supply runs of fuel, food, etc. The normal functions of the station would continue and you would skim a profit off of those functions as the owner. When you want to sell you would simply sell the station back to the solar systems control and the station goes back to it's normal before you owned it state.

Has there ever been any discussion on being able to purchase an Outpost? Is this something the game developers could or should include one day? Could be interesting to manage and maintain as a business venture within the game and a way to earn credits.
Frontier already said they have plans for player owned stations and installations.

Deleted member 38366

D
No later than some type of Base building comes (if it does), FDev can sell entire Planets in Deep Space to Players for ARX for all I care.

I mean, it's not like there's a shortage of unused Systems or Planets in the Galaxy. Then Players could fully colonize if they wish - or simply extract resources and build wealth and eventually maybe construct Orbital assets..

Only prerequisite I'd give that : Player must have tagged Planet, any other restrictions as by FDev requirements.

I guess with fleet carriers that's a bit moot but I'd like the idea.
If expanded to Asteroid bases. What's a proper space pirate without an Asteroid base?
If you want a proper space pirate asteroid base, it needs to be disguised as a regular asteroid. Have a big rock you roll across the front entrance, something like that. Oh, and you need to fill it with booty, and cutlasses, and grog, and scantily-clad mermaids, and exotic diseases, and ham. Then you can be a real pirate. I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here.

Top Bottom