Ships PA Vulture for CZ’s?

Would a PA Vulture build be a suitable ship to fight in Conflict Zones or I do need something bigger? The current meta for CZ’s requires quick kills I gather, so it would need to take down big ships quickly. Also what engineering would you suggest for the PA’s?

The PA vulture is an awesome fun beast, and as a small ship you won't generate too much threat that would attract the attention of a large number of enemies. My personal experience with CZs is that you need the capacity to eliminate a large number of small ships quickly to keep the temperature bar moving toward victory. With skill, you can take on the high end adds in a PA vulture, but chasing down and eliminating small numbers of ships at a reasonable rate with PAs is pretty tough. Synthing ammo is necessary, and if you're running plasma slug instead of TLB and Dispersion Field gas can be an issue.

So any suggestions for alternative armament? Frags? MC’s? I am getting the hang of fixed weapons so happy to try anything? Also is heat a problem with the PA’s? Thinking of going efficient For the base engineering TLB on 1 and Dispersion on the other.

Frags would be good, but you will need to resynth alot, or to fly to base after every cz
A pair of large beams will be good, but not very effective on hardened hulls you'd find in a CZ
A beam and a MC would be a sensible choice, but still dmg output is rather lacking for CZ targets

Was playing around with the build on Coriolis and it looks like you can put as many Guardian shield boosters as you
like in, which would enable me to get another 700 MJ on shields. Also if going with plasma slug I could add a small fuel tank for some more time in zone.

Would a PA Vulture build be a suitable ship to fight in Conflict Zones or I do need something bigger? The current meta for CZ’s requires quick kills I gather, so it would need to take down big ships quickly. Also what engineering would you suggest for the PA’s?

It takes too long to kill an enemy ship, not to mention troubles with small and zippy ships while piloting a Vulture armed with two plasmas, You will struggle with killing that duracell spec op Python while rest of your force will be losing ships. In combat zones force you represent need to be on top all the time, otherwise you will lose.
My best CZ working setup for Vulture is - Beam laser (fixed, short range blaster, thermal vent) deals with shields rather quick. On other hardpoint you need something that deals kinetic damage and adds corrosive effect, so it could be multicannon (short range, corrosive) or frag cannon (overcharged or hi cap, corrosive)

Last edited:
It takes too long to kill an enemy ship, not to mention troubles with small and zippy ships while piloting a Vulture armed with two plasmas, You will struggle with killing that duracell spec op Python while rest of your force will be losing ships. In combat zones force you represent need to be on top all the time, otherwise you will lose.
My best CZ working setup for Vulture is - Beam laser (fixed, short range blaster, thermal vent) deals with shields rather quick. On other hardpoint you need something that deals kinetic damage and adds corrosive effect, so it could be multicannon (short range, corrosive) or frag cannon (overcharged or hi cap, corrosive)
Ok thanks for the advice. Looks like plan B then to build the PA Vulture and use it for bounty hunting. Then I don’t need to worry about ammo as I can take time out to Synth or back to base to reload. The reason I want to to try the Vulture is I heard it is a real dog fighter and I enjoy the turn and burn style of fighting. I also want to get good with fixed weapons. Vulture is a cheap ship so rebuys not expensive so I can afford to make mistakes and learn from them.
Plan B for CZ’s is a fragulator FDL with a mix of corrosive and incendiary. Do you think that is a better option?

Vulture is must have ship for any combat enthusiast. Perfect ship to train fa-off maneuvers and fixed weapons. Plenty of ways to creatively experiment with loadouts also the Vulture is cheap to equip and to rebuy if things go wrong. In my opinion Vulture is easy to work with in low intensity combat zones where combat pace is slower and there are no spec-op ships. In med. intensity you will be sweating in Vulture, but it pays off ;)

Frags - they are deadly in close range combat and speaking from my experience in combat zones if you rely exclusively of frags you will run out ammo at end of the medium intensity round and synthesis of large caliber ammo is kinda pricey. It's good to have a laser weapon and frags. First one works on the shield and other weapon eats the hull. When you spice your target with corrosive shells laser also can eat some portion of hull which is very useful.

Oh, and FDL. Not fan of FDL sorry, don't like the look, flight model and that damned cockpit strut. I prefer Mamba, here is my CZ brawler https://s.orbis.zone/6do_ huge beam for shield stripping shields in reverse flight, multis for hull and rails for deleting those shield cell banks in spec op ships.

Last edited:
Top Bottom