Paid transport service to move your other multiple ships to your location

When owning multiple ships traveling makes it hard to use the other ships without having to travel back. My suggestion would be that you can order the storage location to transport your ship to your current location (for a reasonable amount of CREDITS of course). Depending on the distances this should of course take a few hours/days... This way owning multiple ships would be a lot more fun and players would use their ships more frequently without loosing their motivation for traveling around... What do you think?

I want the reverse too. Pay to be transported to my other ship, eg taking passage with a NPC. So I can explore the northern spiral arm one day, mine the southern the next, and then return to Sol to do an Earth to Saturn race with my buddies in diamond slot formation...

When owning multiple ships traveling makes it hard to use the other ships without having to travel back. My suggestion would be that you can order the storage location to transport your ship to your current location (for a reasonable amount of CREDITS of course). Depending on the distances this should of course take a few hours/days... This way owning multiple ships would be a lot more fun and players would use their ships more frequently without loosing their motivation for traveling around... What do you think?
Hear hear - this would be a great feature!

This kind of feature has a discussion here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68183
And... this kind of feature, i would like to see just to hunt down the carrier and destroy all the ships being transported.
And when you login again, you will have a mail with a message: "We apologise for the conviniece, but as the term of use, there is the risk of pirates destroy the carrier. You have lost your ship!"

Looking at the otherside, the station that the carrier will leave, players may accept the mission of "Protect the carrier".
Let's not avoid the risk, shall we!?

Best regards and fly safe!!!

Yes, the DDF covered this (that whole DDF archive has some good stuff in it). The OP (here) mentions the idea of having a ship couriered to you (no confirmation of when this might be seen in-game but the DDF at least signposts the direction of travel in development).

As I recall features where a third party might interfere with your game (ie. ship destroyed on its way to you or you killed while being given a ride to your ship) weren't generally favoured as things went out of your control (more to do with gameplay than simulating). ie. What if a player you cadge a lift with decides to go offline and not play again for a month? You could have a time delay while "you travel" but wouldn't that be a drag after the first time? (maybe even the first time, how long should it realistically take?).

Do hope a few little features can be built in though .. say, if you could insure your ship (for courier to you) for more than it's worth, like in a premium delivery service? (insurance scam coming up) Could you / would you organise a hit on it for profit? (this might be more EVE online territory) Would it be worth the insurance company hiring lots of protection for their courier ship though? Probably. Again you'd have to wait for your ship but at least you could fly a few missions while waiting for it. The game might concentrate on player centric careers, rather than what is a mildly complex NPC centred sim, in ship transport, but I definitely think there's scope for interesting features in this area.

Top Bottom