Ships paint Jobs

I have searched forums and support, but can't find player details of Paint Jobs.
To start with the problem I have purchased 3 paint jobs about 30 hours ago. I believed that after 24 hours, the paint jobs appeared on the ships. Is this correct?
I was having freeze problems when accessing livery or store. I had to exit the game via Task Manager. I have opened a support ticket. It is ongoing.
A couple days ago I found that a double click of the RIGHT mouse button allowed the livery screens to return to the game. Double click a right? Who'd a thought????
I hope that players with active paint jobs can tell me if they got the jobs normally or had problems?
My Cutter got a paint job about a year ago by simply using Livery and choosing the color. It has green bullets and green exhaust, but the livery says they are empty.
Sorry to waffle on but I can't seem to find a thread to ask these questions and I have verified the installation a number of times.

1. Paint jobs need to be applied in the Livery screen - they don't just appear on a ship when you buy it.

2. No idea about the mouse thingie - never had an issue.

3. Weapon and engine exhaust colours are not paint jobs - they are applied in livery screen too but they are not paint-jobs.

I believed that after 24 hours, the paint jobs appeared on the ships. Is this correct?
Nope - they appear immediately once you select them in livery

I was having freeze problems when accessing livery or store. I had to exit the game via Task Manager. I have opened a support ticket. It is ongoing.
Sounds like you have local issues then - never had that.
A couple days ago I found that a double click of the RIGHT mouse button allowed the livery screens to return to the game. Double click a right? Who'd a thought????
Never had that.
I hope that players with active paint jobs can tell me if they got the jobs normally or had problems?
They work fine - which is why you can't find lots of info.

My Cutter got a paint job about a year ago by simply using Livery and choosing the color. It has green bullets and green exhaust, but the livery says they are empty.
As para said - they are engine and wepon colours, not PJs. Though if you can't get into livery I can see how you wouldn't know that.

Thanks people. Much appreciated.
Maybe a win10 problem.
FYI me, and at least 2 other gamers had said, after backing up their saves to E: driven then installing the latest win 10 on C drive, we had our game saves deleted.
Win10 should not have accessed our E: drive to delete anything, but Microsoft may be doing something neferious.
I can live with it. No worries.

Thanks people. Much appreciated.
Maybe a win10 problem.
FYI me, and at least 2 other gamers had said, after backing up their saves to E: driven then installing the latest win 10 on C drive, we had our game saves deleted.
Win10 should not have accessed our E: drive to delete anything, but Microsoft may be doing something neferious.
I can live with it. No worries.

The only thing stored in your PC are game control setups, audio and video configs, and the game itself.
Purchased Liveries and game progression are all server side.

Not exactly. The graphics for cosmetics are actually all stored locally, so if you managed to remove them you might have issues. Your access (what you've purchased) is all on FD's servers.
Locally ? In the main game files or additionally ?
I play at different times from different computers.

only thing on local pc is bindings and any customizations to your hud etc..
the actual game saves and every/anything bought is all server side
losing everything on your pc does not matter other than the bindings which is also nothing..your game will be intact on servers
if you cannot see livery from menu in station or from outfitting and/or if you cannot access any type of paint jobs in there then you have a bug of sort and that is all that needs fixing.
Inform frontier....
as for the speed of transactions, I have bought tons of paint and more and its always in my livery instantly for me to use.
FWIW in any version of windows, use google chrome browser. it works better for frontier as well as inara

Ok. Just flew Python. It has the paint job I bought.
The paint jobs for both ASPs are not in my game, although I paid for them with ARX.
Like I said, it isn't a real problem. I can live with it. The ticket is not going to be closed by me.

Top Bottom