Newcomer / Intro paint Jobs

When was the last time you got close enough to another commander to see their Paint Job in detail, close enough to see ID plates? What was the situation?

......curious.

....it must be just me then :unsure:

I really cannot remember when I last got close enough to any other ship to see what paint job it had. In stations there are other ships but I don't get close enough to see them. In systems I don't get close enough. In combat I suppose I get close enough fleetingly, maybe more so with the bigger ships but I certainly don't get to see Name plates or ID plates.

I don't have a carrier, I've been playing the game for years but just not interested yet even if I could afford one. I don't make vids either.

.....My argument is: Apart from my own immersion and my own visual pleasure they have very limited value and even then the value is minimal. Hardly anyone else is going to see them.

I'm not entirely convinced by the argument against having a camera option to see other players. The designers were worried that this may have given a combat advantage. Having a camera option in the communication tab to allow players to see the ship they're talking to would certainly improve the value of a nice paint job

Dommarraa...

........mmm, not really. If you got nice wheels it's nice to show them off, kids in our high street do it all the time. Perhaps I need a boom box in the back, knock out high decibel drum and bass and wind the windows down.

Yes Tyres, they do look rather nice in screenshots:)

Space is big and dark, it's hard to really appreciate the details of each other's ships even when parked next to each other on adjacent landing pads...

I know that this is still an early shot but the difference in colour, lighting and clarity when an atmosphere is added is definitely something to look forward to in Odyssey.
IMG_0045.JPG

On the whole I pimp my ship for my own entertainment, not others. It's nice to get a good screenshot and share it though...

If you fly with a wing you'll get plenty of good looks, but yeah, otherwise probably not so much

In our wing I spend quite a bit of time about here

raceforslips.jpg

And completely off topic, but this shot was also there and I laughed at the NPC complaining I had scratched his paint

boom.jpg

I edited out a couple screens as they're huge and mostly off topic

Last edited:
Top Bottom