Palaeobotany >> I have noticed it effects Alpha status.

As the title says

I have just started to notice dominance fights start between certain herbivores. The challenger is now the Animal that has found the Palaeo feeder and had her fill. If the Alpha hasn't found the feeder yet they all loose Alpha status. It has happened three times now, all the same circumstances.

My set up is that I have a regular feeder for continuous feeding, say at 16 minute intervals for 4-6 animals and a Palaeo feeder set at double that, to reduce refilling, as a secondary source. So one way or another eventually all the animals will find the Palaeo feeder and become content.

This way it has taken a few feeding rotations to see the results, but so far, yea, being Palaeo content gives an animal dominance and will pluck Alpha status pretty much straight away I've noticed. The Triceratops I watched just now, legged it off for the challenge as soon as it left the palaeo feeder!

Your thoughts?

I would assume that this happens because the alpha is chosen based on whichever individual has the highest rating, at least that was my understaning of the system. So when they eat from paleo feeders, their rating increases and thus the one that has most recently eaten from the paleo feeder challenges and becomes the alpha.

Also I haven't checked to see if it was true. But someone on the Steam forum mentioned that carnivores that eat herbivores that have a palaeofeeder bonus would also get a bonus out of it.

Also I haven't checked to see if it was true. But someone on the Steam forum mentioned that carnivores that eat herbivores that have a palaeofeeder bonus would also get a bonus out of it.
Interesting. I never thought of it but it makes sense. The combat infamy they get comes from the rating of the dinosaur they killed. I never tested to see if it's the whole rating or a percentage, but either way, if they herbivores rating has increased so will the combat infamy points.

Interesting. I never thought of it but it makes sense. The combat infamy they get comes from the rating of the dinosaur they killed. I never tested to see if it's the whole rating or a percentage, but either way, if they herbivores rating has increased so will the combat infamy points.
The person mentioned stats beside the combat infamy. Such as lifespan and the like.

That's a negative. I just checked my Rex that's been eating paleo-buffed Struthis and she only has added combat infamy (no idea if it's extra or not). No added lifespan or anything.
Alright thanks for checking. I had just heard it on the forum, I hadn't checked it myself.

Top Bottom