I suggested two other ideas that I believe nicely complement this idea. Check them out!
In the event of serious illness or a deadly fight, there should be a facility that players need to transport the dinosaur(s) to in order to heal them effectively. When coming up with this idea I had to answer the question, “why not just use a ranger team to administer vaccines to ill dinosaurs or heal damaged dinosaurs?” I had to think of new emergencies that a ranger team could not fix with a dart rifle, or to up the risk of already existing emergencies. Here's what I came up with:

1. A dinosaur may fall ill to a stronger version of a certain illness. When attempting to vaccinate this dinosaur with the ranger team, the player will receive a notification alerting them that the vaccine is ineffective, and the dinosaur cannot be cured. This version of the illness will kill as well as spread more quickly. The dinosaur will need to be isolated and receive medical attention as soon as possible.
2. A dinosaur infected with Troodon venom will mostly likely die, and will need to receive medical attention.
3. A Dinosaur that is bleeding will most likely die, and will need to receive medical attention (check out my serrated teeth suggestion if you haven't already!)
4. Dinosaurs that have gotten into a fight will need to receive medical treatment, or their wounds may become infected (higher chance of this happening if their health fell below 50% during the fight).

In the case of any of these emergencies, the player will have to sedate the affected dinosaur and transport them to the clinic. However, I'm unsure as to how the clinic should be designed. I have 3 ideas:

1. It could be a large building with a small enclosure in the middle. After sedating a dinosaur, the player uses the offshore transport team to move the dinosaur to this enclosure.
2. It could be a building that attaches to an enclosure, similar to a viewing gallery. If the enclosure is large, the dinosaur may need to be moved closer to the building, even if it's in the enclosure that the building is attached to.
3. It could be a smaller building. In the case of one of these emergencies, a player sends out a van or some other large off-road vehicle carrying a team of trained paleo-veterinarians to treat the affected dinosaur. However, the dinosaur will need to be sedated before the team can work on the dinosaur. The dinosaur will awaken once the team has finished.

Last edited:
I definitely like this idea! A large veterinary building sounds doable and logical, I also like the proposal regarding the small enclosure. It wouldn't really make sense to place several vet buildings at several enclosures, having one or two with each an own integrated enclosure should do it.

In addition to the OP's suggestions, I think this idea would also work well to provide more extensive healing treatment for our dinosaurs, especially because presently ranger teams are unable to heal dinos past a certain point - once theyre around 75% hp, they can't be healed by darts and must heal the rest of the way naturally. It would also be nice if dinos that are being treated in the vet clinic don't have any negative impact on welfare score - it's highly unrealistic to expect animals to be 100% health-problem free all of the time.

2. It could be a building that attaches to an enclosure, similar to a viewing gallery. If the enclosure is large, the dinosaur may need to be moved closer to the building, even if it's in the enclosure that the building is attached to.

I like this option the most. I think another step you could add to this would be to assign a ranger vehicle to that building to regularly administer tranqs to whatever is in the enclosure. The building can give you different tranq options for that ranger vehicle to use for different purposes. For instance make battle scars permanent and if you want to fix them the building will have an option to give stitches. Have a special arena for fighting dinos? give it a healing factor so you can help dinos heal faster!

The building would have the benefits of being able to administer special treatments with the drawbacks of taking up space and requiring a ranger vehicle to be specifically assigned to it in order to use its services.

Thank you guys for the input! Another feature I just thought of is the ability to bring in dinosaurs for a check-up, even if they're not sick or hurt. Doing so will grant the dinosaur a temporary boost to their welfare/rating, similar to paleobotany. However, there will be a cooldown between check ups for each individual dinosaur, so the player cannot spam check ups on the same dinosaur to boost their rating insanely high.

I don't mean to advertise my own threads, but I feel as if many of my ideas nicely complement one another, so I'd like to add another use for the clinic. I posted an idea about Tyrannosaurus and Ankylosaurus being able to break bones, found here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/broken-bones-from-combat-t-rex-anky.521435/ The clinic could also be used to treat dinosaurs whom have had their bones broken in combat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom