Parasaurolophus TLW sounds

Hi!
So, I'm not the kind of guy who complains a lot, and I'm pretty happy about every new content for JWE. But hey, why can't I be disappointed about a little thing, like everyone else?
So here's my question : what's the problem about implementing the Parasaurolophus sounds from TLW movie?
I've always been a bit disappointed by how the Parasaurolophus sounds in the game, and when I heard the TLW sounds in the Return to Jurassic Park trailer, I get very excited.
Now that the DLC is out, it appears that Parasaurolophus actually uses its TLW call leaving the hatchery and... that's it. No more TLW sounds after that, just the classic JWE "old man" sounds again.
I submitted this to the Frontier issue tracker website and it appears that this is by design... but why? Every other species we've seen in the movies have their correct sounds except the Para, what's the problem with this one ? I'd be very curious to know the logic behind this.

Again, this is just a tiny thing I'm sad about and that I dont understand, but that doesn't change the fun I get to play this new expansion.

Thanks for reading me!

They do this for the sake of originality. They confirmed such last year, even before the game came out. All dinosaur sound and music material in the game, regardless how similar or not they sound, are made from scratch for originality.

(Did you know the stegosaurus and triceratops in The Lost World film an indeed the game actually use the same sound files, albeit with a different editing to them?)

They do this for the sake of originality. They confirmed such last year, even before the game came out. All dinosaur sound and music material in the game, regardless how similar or not they sound, are made from scratch for originality.

(Did you know the stegosaurus and triceratops in The Lost World film an indeed the game actually use the same sound files, albeit with a different editing to them?)
Forgot to mention that when I got to Isla Siena (1993), I did hear the Lost World sound of the para during the intro cutscene. But, it could've been the stegos since both dinosaurs were roaming together on that map, but I don’t know yet.

Last edited:
I've adressed this situation about para sounds myself, but i just got kinda hated on for being too picky ahahaha so I just forgot about it.
But I completely agree with you, TLW sounds are musch mpre pleasent to hear than the JWE ones..
Hope they adress this tiny situation here ehehehe

I've adressed this situation about para sounds myself, but i just got kinda hated on for being too picky ahahaha so I just forgot about it.
But I completely agree with you, TLW sounds are musch mpre pleasent to hear than the JWE ones..
Hope they adress this tiny situation here ehehehe

The tribal fanboys are who they are.

Top Bottom