Parks [PARK] Long Story

Hey guys,

in this topic I want to keep you updated about my newest park which I started a week ago.

It doesn't have a name yet and it's definitely still completely work in progress. Only some of the mainstreet facades are done.
The rest I will constantly touch up on and add new content and details. I don't know how everybody else does it that they finish one area completely first before moving on to the next one. [squeeeeee]

Well anyway, for now it's all pictures but I will try to get a video out there for you as soon as possible.
As of right now there are the mainstreet area which is themed to a hanseatic port and a seaside Arabian palace. The woody will be part of another area that I need to get fully started on first.

I wish you lots of fun checking out the updates during the progress of this park and would be glad to hear your thoughts and comments.

3oIeFvu.jpg

JodmIwe.jpg

eyURCRg.jpg

ZbjNp2Q.jpg

B5c9RtI.jpg

usAL9kF.jpg

Long Story

Last edited:
What a great start :). Am i seeing some dutch influences in your main street? I am seeing some similarities in our building styles by the way you set up that arabian palace :). What i would do is use some more posts (on the corners, and between different buildings, to make it a bit more illustrated). But not sure if you are into that as it is not necessarily realistic, but in my opinion it makes things look better a lot of the time. The lay out of your park, as well as the lay outs of your buildings are really nice i think.

Last edited:
What a great start :). Am i seeing some dutch influences in your main street? I am seeing some similarities in our building styles by the way you set up that arabian palace :). What i would do is use some more posts (on the corners, and between different buildings, to make it a bit more illustrated). But not sure if you are into that as it is not necessarily realistic, but in my opinion it makes things look better a lot of the time. The lay out of your park, as well as the lay outs of your buildings are really nice i think.

Thanks a lot for the great comment. :)

Yeah, the main street is supposed to be a Hanseatic port...so it's a mix of Northern German and Dutch architecture.

That's interesting that you apparently build the same way that I do. In my opinion it's always important to figure out the composition prior to going into the crazy detailing work. Composition is what makes areas of parks great I believe. So thanks for the comments on the park layout. That's really important to me.

For now realism first, more posts on the facades might come in other areas. :)

Hope you keep checking out the updates!! [heart]

Really like those Dutch looking houses, they'd look great by a canal ...

.. something for when the game gets some slow water rides.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys!!
I considered building them by a canal PurpleDrazi but I opted out of it because I will have the canal typology in a different theme area already. So instead of doing the same trick over and over again I decided to exclude the canals from the Hanseatic port.

Love the look of El Dorado. The steps down to the water and the stone jetties are brilliant. Great detail in the ropes and the netting.

Some great ideas!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the comment. It's just the start of what I'm planning to do for this area and I'm eager to get more done. Hopefully I can add even more details to the area once I have it laid out more.

Back
Top Bottom