Park Map

I've seen a few other people do this and thought it was a great idea so have given a go myself.

Sorry for the bad quality, made on my Mac and for some reason wont let me save it without it blurring.

Here is the park map for my park so far. As you can see not a lot of scenery yet but its coming together nicely :)

BnR3E0Y.png

Would love to see more of these maps too :)

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I like this idea of creating your own park maps! Very nicely done. It even has different ratings for the rides. [big grin] [up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
thanks [happy] I probably enjoyed making this map as much as playing the game [squeeeeee]

You're welcome. [happy]
I can understand that; when I was a kid I used to make some kind of maps as well, but those were on paper.

It really is a nice idea, and you can see you've put effort into it, with all of the small logo's and other details on the map. [up]

Last edited:
Nicely done!
So now just add the feature to create signs based off picture files, and everyone could easily create their own park map in-game.
I mean, of course we all know and like those "comic style" park maps in real theme parks, but this comes as close as it could get without much additional effort, I would think.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I really like this! Such a cool idea

You're welcome. [happy]
I can understand that; when I was a kid I used to make some kind of maps as well, but those were on paper.

It really is a nice idea, and you can see you've put effort into it, with all of the small logo's and other details on the map. [up]

I did this too! I have this really long roll of paper taped together with theme park rides drawn all over it that I created probably around age 5 - 7. I keep it in my memory box :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I really like this! Such a cool idea

I did this too! I have this really long roll of paper taped together with theme park rides drawn all over it that I created probably around age 5 - 7. I keep it in my memory box :)

That's so nice! Keep it safe and look on it sometimes for great memories. [happy]

so I've not made it as a whole map again but heres another top view of my park so you can see the progress, that castle took me hours as it includes an interior walk, a wall top walk, the gardens, the agic twirl ride and the rollercoaster going up the inside of the tower.

Well worth the effort I think.

Gtgmxt6.png

You make the ride logos in word? Could ypu provide a step by step tutorial on this because I for one would like to know how you do it in Word.

You make the ride logos in word? Could ypu provide a step by step tutorial on this because I for one would like to know how you do it in Word.

Its quite simple. I add the ride sign onto a blank white wall and screenshot, copy the screenshot into word, go to format image and use the remove background tool to remove anything other than the image (sometimes it takes a little bit of fiddling to get the right bits removed. once removed all the background just resize to the desired size and done :)

wFmLLJv.png

(the rollercoaster logos I made using a logo making website I found on google)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I use a free program called paint.net. It supports layers (to put transparent logos and text on a background). I also have Photoshop but do not use that because it is more complicated for me.

Last edited:
I like this idea, I'll have to keep in it the back pocket when I can get up the coin to buy into the alpha.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I love this concept. Where have you seen the other park maps at?

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Paint.Net is great as it's fairly simple but has many of the features of Photoshop without the cost, like layers. Plus you can download plug in and stuff. I'm feeling inspired now lol.

Top Bottom