Park Sharing

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Good question for someone that works in Planet Coaster to know the answer.

How would Sharing Parks work? Like. Let's say someone created a Build team that builds in Planet Coaster. How would one work out the file sharing? Do you just plop a file over, or is there an online connection?

It would be cool of multiple people could work together to build the park as we.. (Multiplayer) But it's mostly Single Player based.

:p I honestly feel like this question was already answered in a Dev Blog, but I don't remember for sure.

And yes, I do want to start a Build team that design parks on Planet Coaster. haha It would be a fun way to bring the community together, by creating many Building Teams of different people.

:p I honestly feel like this question was already answered in a Dev Blog, but I don't remember for sure.

And yes, I do want to start a Build team that design parks on Planet Coaster. haha It would be a fun way to bring the community together, by creating many Building Teams of different people.

It was in Dev Diary #3; towards the end.

We will probably end up only viewing other players parks, no edits, etc.
Well, if it is editable or not, it seems to be a simple parameter that the player can choose not ?

Anyway, if it's only "no edits" well, it's already great to visit another player Park (that is super innovative)

I mean, If I can visit the shared park, with the eyes of a guest, in first person mode, of course ... If it's just to view the park, with the same isometric view, in that case, well ... no comment

YOu could edit other parks if I'm right. In the Dev Dairy they said something about playin gin the park of your favorite Youtubers so maybe...

Yeah. That's what I remember. Think they also said you can copy their creations and edit them to suit your liking/style/preference...

From what I got in the last Dev Diary, I think the process would be that you can view the other players' parks, save it to your computer, and then tweak to your own desire if you thought something could be changed for the better or you wanted to copy a ride or scenery piece.
If you ever played any of the Halo games after 3, think of the file share that's built into that as the basis.

Last edited:
YOu could edit other parks if I'm right. In the Dev Dairy they said something about playin gin the park of your favorite Youtubers so maybe...

I just hope it's not live parks that people can edit. Can you imagine creating a awesome coaster, save your park and sign off, just to sign back in and have a dou.... delete it.

I just hope it's not live parks that people can edit. Can you imagine creating a awesome coaster, save your park and sign off, just to sign back in and have a dou.... delete it.

I think that's not possible. First you need the permissions to edit the park. But I hope that we can build together ^^ Or you need to download it before you can edit it (local).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom