Path properties

Either it has not been suggested yet, or I missed it (in this case I am sorry).

I have seen a lot of real theme parks having a fast lane nearly everywhere in the park.
But instead of introducing fast lanes to the game, it would be great to just having the opportunity to set properties to paths/walkways. This way it would not be limited to a "fast lane system". As a player, settings to choose from could be:
  • designated to: everybody / annual pass owners or members of VIP club / "normal" guests / employees
    (would be nice to have signposts showing the peeps its restrictions; and of course members of cleaning crew or technicians may enter restricted areas)
  • opened: [starting time] to [ending time]
    (this way you would have the possibility to close your park step-by-step in the evening)
    (some rides may only be appropriate for peeps of a particular age; this could have technical reasons or the ride is just a horror ride, etc)

What do you think? Do you have more ideas; how could my idea be improved?

//Kristian

EDIT : Oh you changed your title for "Path properties".

Well, in this case a +1 for me

Last edited:
Either it has not been suggested yet, or I missed it (in this case I am sorry).

I have seen a lot of real theme parks having a fast lane nearly everywhere in the park.
But instead of introducing fast lanes to the game, it would be great to just having the opportunity to set properties to paths/walkways. This way it would not be limited to a "fast lane system". As a player, settings to choose from could be:
  • designated to: everybody / annual pass owners or members of VIP club / "normal" guests / employees
    (would be nice to have signposts showing the peeps its restrictions; and of course members of cleaning crew or technicians may enter restricted areas)
  • opened: [starting time] to [ending time]
    (this way you would have the possibility to close your park step-by-step in the evening)
    (some rides may only be appropriate for peeps of a particular age; this could have technical reasons or the ride is just a horror ride, etc)

What do you think? Do you have more ideas; how could my idea be improved?

//Kristian
I thinkt that the age section isn't a good idea. I have never seen something like that in a park. But the other thing are great!

Last edited:
Most theme parks do not take cash on rides these days, in the UK. I think its to stop pilfering by employees. So you just pay a park entrance fee of different admission prices, Adults, Children and Family tickets for park entry and extra priced tickets for the rides, determined by what colour wrist band you buy. Some are for all rides, others for non coaster rides and some for Junior rides only. You can then use rides that your wrist band allows. There are also fast track wrist bands to save you queueing on busy rides. You only use cash inside the park for food outlets and souvenir shops.
Even Blackpool Pleasure Beach adopted this system in 1998.

Ooops! I think I posted in the wrong thread.
Forgive me, its my age!

Last edited:
Pilfering? It could be that yes. But there's another system that is available in some parks: tickets. Special designed tickets you use to get admission on the rides. You buy them in designated places and maybe also on vending machine. So no risk for pilfering there unless the person collects the tickets to use themselves, HA!

Paying cash I associate with the simplest of the moving around carnival rides.

There's many different systems.

I guess in theory you could do the tickets too, by setting up stalls selling those (ticket booklets with set numbers of tickets, often with a little bit of discount and also maybe including tickets to midway games/lotto too) and vending machines (selling one by one tickets higher price). But maybe it it too much of detail and simplified by the "cash paying".

Top Bottom