Release Notes PC 1.2.1 Update

Nope. However a "Fixed bug that caused excessive memory usage and subsequent slowdowns" would have been helpful in the case you described ;-)

Helpful how? You can't do anything with it. Besides, that falls under "stability fixes" :p
We tell the customer what they need to know for fixes they can confirm themselves if they want (eg: fixed an issue with X that was caused by Y). Helpful customers will try to replicate it; most don't care. A customer has no use for superfluous, space-taking, patch notes such as my example, the majority wouldn't understand it anyway so why take the time to spell it out for a minority when "stability fixes" work just fine for the majority?

Patch 1.2.1 Update

Hi guys,

Sorry to be giving bad news but the game is still crashing, it works for 3 mins then crashes but the times it works varies from 3 minutes all the way to 2 hours. UK time 1am to 3am it didn't crash, but earlier in the day it didn't work for more than about 20 minutes at the longest stretch.

Just to be clear about what happens when my particular game crashes, there is a stutter in the sound as if a driver has failed, like when you are about to get a blue screen and the sound (if there is any) freezes for a second then it crashes. In my case the sound stutters a split second after the mouse stops responding and the screen freezes on whatever I am doing and then it just closes to desktop and gives me the crash report window, steam is still running and doesn't crash so I just launch it via steam or via my desktop shortcut, every time it crashes I try launching a different way to see if it makes any difference, I also have tried right clicking and running as ADMIN but still the same problem. From what I can see, you guys are working on it which is great to hear, I think the community just needs a bit of info from you regarding the status of it, have you narrowed it down? Are you testing anything currently? Any ETA on a patch of fix whether its client side or server side? I love the game, I would just like to know if there is any time frame as after a few days or restarting the game 20 or so times a day it's getting rather frustrating as you can imagine.

Thanks

Attached my DXDIAG via OneDrive

Hi guys,

Sorry to be giving bad news but the game is still crashing, it works for 3 mins then crashes but the times it works varies from 3 minutes all the way to 2 hours. UK time 1am to 3am it didn't crash, but earlier in the day it didn't work for more than about 20 minutes at the longest stretch.

Just to be clear about what happens when my particular game crashes, there is a stutter in the sound as if a driver has failed, like when you are about to get a blue screen and the sound (if there is any) freezes for a second then it crashes. In my case the sound stutters a split second after the mouse stops responding and the screen freezes on whatever I am doing and then it just closes to desktop and gives me the crash report window, steam is still running and doesn't crash so I just launch it via steam or via my desktop shortcut, every time it crashes I try launching a different way to see if it makes any difference, I also have tried right clicking and running as ADMIN but still the same problem. From what I can see, you guys are working on it which is great to hear, I think the community just needs a bit of info from you regarding the status of it, have you narrowed it down? Are you testing anything currently? Any ETA on a patch of fix whether its client side or server side? I love the game, I would just like to know if there is any time frame as after a few days or restarting the game 20 or so times a day it's getting rather frustrating as you can imagine.

Thanks

please see attached my dxdiag file

https://1drv.ms/t/s!At2VcwlkoErAwyYc-DdC4tzFmbgg

Speaking as a professional in software development, these are most certainly actual notes when it comes to certain fixes that the customer cannot test, or would have no use in reading. For example, would you get any benefit out of reading "Fixed memory bloat from a dangling pointer caused by a node from a competing graph intersecting with the original node." ? Didn't think so.

Speaking as someone who knows it could be done so much better even from professional software developers, look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156598 for patch notes on the first patch after a release, or look at release notes on a major update here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150237
Don't tell me it can't be done in a good and useful way. Grinding Gear Games proofs, that it can be done.

Speaking as someone who knows it could be done so much better even from professional software developers, look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156598 for patch notes on the first patch after a release, or look at release notes on a major update here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150237
Don't tell me it can't be done in a good and useful way. Grinding Gear Games proofs, that it can be done.

Of course it can be done in a useful way.. when the details of that fix are actually useful to the customer.

That first link you provided actually demonstrates that perfectly.
All but the last item can be tested by the customer.
I can grab my character, and use Charged Dash in an attempt to teleport through a door.

The last one "Fixed various instance crashes." is exactly the same as "Stability fixes."

Of course it can be done in a useful way.. when the details of that fix are actually useful to the customer.

That first link you provided actually demonstrates that perfectly.
All but the last item can be tested by the customer.
I can grab my character, and use Charged Dash in an attempt to teleport through a door.

The last one "Fixed various instance crashes." is exactly the same as "Stability fixes."

Yes i totally agree with that. but if you just read the comments, where people ask if the start crashes have been fixed or that it crashes when they change islands or that they haven't noticed any stability improvements. And they get: NOTHING. No improved explanations, not even an answer from any of the staff members or moderators or ... And i think there is a better way to treat the customers. I don't want to force any of the developers too look into the forums, but a moderator could just say, he/she will ask a developer about the things people have ask and post an answer a few days later. Now people can just wait and hope that there problems are even known and be fixed soon. But that's it. They can't play atm and can just hope, that they can play in a few days, but they are just unsure if that's the case or if they have to wait for months.

Does anyone know if they fixed the arrow keys to be able to move the camera up and down? left and right worked, but up and down just moved the left menu build icons up and down, not the camera? I am not home so I cannot check. Does anyone know if you remap the arrow keys for movement of the camera if it works now as it should?

Top Bottom