Pet Peeves

I'm almost done playing through career, and here are some of the things that I would like to see improved.
  • Have all barrier height recommendations in the Zoopedia appear in chosen units. (If you can't get it through code, at least write it both in metres and feet. Having to convert is a pain.)
  • Be able to see the information about the biome your zoo is in, like temperature and humidity range. (Also, just which biome you're in.)
  • Be able to sort animals in the Animal Market or Zoopedia by continent or biome.
  • Be able to group and collapse animals of the same species in the Animal Market to make it easier to read through the list.
  • Be able to filter out species already in your zoo in the Animal Market.
  • Have an autofilter option for the habitat and nature menus when an animal is selected, so it automatically picks the correct species and continent/biome filters.
  • Have an option which allows paths and barriers to automatically adjust their length to where your mouse is pointing instead of always having a fixed length in the options.
  • I would prefer that the path options remember separate values for guest and staff paths widths.
  • Allow exhibit animals to be juveniles, sick, and inbred.
  • Have the Zoopedia mention which animals can share a habitat without becoming aggresive. (Why is it only one group of animals that benefits from interspecies enrichment?)
Also, playing through career mode can be a bit tiresome because it's always the same animals. It'd be great if at least one animal from each DLC gets included in at least one map. That'd add enough variety to keep things interesting for me.

I was vaguely under the impression that the icons you can pick for your franchise were pretty much all related to safaris. That didn't match the kind of zoo I had in mind. It'd be great if there were at least one new icon for each DLC you bought.

I'd also love to see a new animal intro for each DLC you bought when you launch the game.

Last edited:
Career mode doesn't include DLC animals because the career mode is part of the base game. Since each career level is limited to a particular selection of animals fitting that particular challenge, I think it makes sense and keeps the experience fair for all players. In practice, what would a DLC animal per career level look like in your opinion--would it replace another species already in the level (not something I would prefer and might cause some people to be upset at losing an animal they like for that level), or would it be in addition to the preexisting species (giving DLC-owning players an advantage that I'm sure would draw criticism)? The potential trouble this could cause doesn't seem worth it to me, so I can understand why Frontier decided against it.

I really enjoyed the Tundra DLC campaigns, so I'd definitely love if the team created more like that for future DLC etc., but I wouldn't be stoked with retroactively playing around with the career mode roster (and I feel like it's extremely unlikely anyway).

Also with the exhibit animals, I really appreciate that they're overall simpler to manage than habitat species. I'm perfectly happy with the current set-up, particularly in regard to them not getting sick and being juveniles. That would require a lot of micromanagement, I feel, even more than they currently require, and I'd prefer not.

Top Bottom