Horizons Phython crashed on planet when recalled.

G'day all,
Sometime I wonder if I did run over a china man on my way to the spaceport this morning, as I seem to be having a bit of a bad run with bugs in the system. Last week as you will recall it was escaping from an interdiction only to recover inside a planet and on rebooting, the ship exploaded. Thankfully ED replaced the insurance cost on that occasion.

Well, onto today's adventure, After doing quite a few cargo run I finally earnt enough cr to purchase and outfit a Python as an explorer and mining vessel. Now it was time to gather the last remaining commodities and micro material to enable me to update the FSD and thruster as well as upgrade the shields.

Of to a planet in a system 400 ly away and with the aid of the System map found a suitable planet that would enable me to gather those last several item for the upgrades. Landed fine, and of into the SRV, which was quite easy to drive, refuel and re-arm on the move. While looking for micro-materials found several skimmer guarded sites with legal salvage, disposed of the skimmers and loaded the SRV with the cargo, recalled the ship and offloaded the newfound cargo.

Wonderful Commander D38, I thought to myself, at last your starting to get a handle on this driving of the SRV , salvage, re-fuelling re-arming and collecting materials, only one more item to go and the ship will contain all the materials for upgrades to level 5. Materials and commodities, I might add, which have taken me several weeks to gather doing cargo runs.

So, after 10 hours of play yesterday I was finally ready to depart the planet, I once again recalled the ship and watched it approach, come into the hover position, deploy it's landing gear and then descend, in a manner which I thought was very fast onto the surface.

I then heard two words, the first I caught as EMERGENCY, and then poof, my brand new Python, just like the Titanic, was lost on it's maiden voyage , it just exploded into planet junk before my eyes. There was no other ships on the SRV scanner and I heard no firing as if another ship had attacked the Python.

Stunned is not the way I felt as I suddenly realised I was like Robinson Crusoe, marooned here in my SRV with absolutely no way to get off this planet.

No rebuy insurance screen appeared. When I rebooted ED, I was still in the SRV on the planet, Hmmm.

Needless to say I have submitted a ticket to ED, but even if I get the ship back I am concerned all the items that have taken me weeks to collect for upgrades, and the new materials gathered on the planet will be gone..

The wife thinks this is all quite funny, but hopes that ED will give me my ship back very soon, so I will get out of her hair asap.

Yours aye
D38

Last edited:
Wonderful Commander D38, I thought to myself at last your starting to get a handle on this driving the SRV , salvage, refueling re-arming and collecting, only one more item to go and the ship will contain all the materials for upgrades to level 5, which had taken me several weeks to gather doing cargo runs.

Sadly FD has not been noted to reimburse players for the loss of cargo, exploration data or other consequences of ship destruction resulting from game bugs other than the ship rebuy cost. So unfortunately it is likely that you will need to get the cargo/commodities back, but at least your mats and data will be preserved as these travel with your CMDR and can't be "lost" or "destroyed" unless you intentionally discard them.

I then heard two words, the first I caught as EMERGENCY, and then poof, my brand new Python, just like the Titanic, was lost on its maiden voyage , it just exploded into planet junk before my eyes. There was no other ships on the SRV scanner and I heard no firing as if another ship had attacked the Python.

Having cargo stored in your ship can sometimes cause NPCs to attack your ship while you are in your SRV, but in that case you would have heard a "Ship Under Attack" message. In that case you can just dismiss your ship to cause it to leave the NPC behind as it goes back into orbit. In your case however it sounds like the recall feature simply caused the ship to approach the planet too quickly. This rarely happens as the recall auto-landing is generally quite reliable both at finding an appropriate landing spot and landing without damage, but on a high-g world it might cause ship damage and it sounds like that is what happened in your case. Support should reimburse your ship insurance cost, in the meantime if you auto-destruct your SRV you can rebuy the ship for now (assuming you have enough credits for the insurance cost) and continue.

Devari,
thankyou for your reply.
1. The planet was low G, therefore it must of been a landing malfunction.
2. Yes I do have enought cr in the bank for one PHYTHON rebuy cost.

So it would seem the only way to get back into the game and my Phython back is self destruct, goes against the grain,, but .....

once again thank you for your advice and comments.
yours aye
D38.

Bomba Luigi, who spent 20 + days in an SRV after such an incident, until Frontier sent him a replacement vessel, would probably bring his head in contact with a wall... Repeatetly and rapidly... :D

Log out, start up Elite Dangerous 64, not Horizons. You should find yourself back in your ship.

His ship is destroyed so there is no ship for him to return to. That login trick is only a "fix" for having your SRV stuck in terrain as it only works if you have a ship in orbit to put the SRV back into.

Back
Top Bottom