Newcomer / Intro Pilot Federation District

hello.. newbie here... so i was having fun amassing courier run Credits... (just love flying in general, don’t make fun of me lol) got to around 700k ish..

ranked up and got baited to that 100k reward “graduation” mission.. docked at len wang.. lost my license of course..

questions are, was there anything in the pilot fed district that was missable?
like any quests that gives some unique reward, or planets that you scan for 100% completion etc?

like is there a checklist of things you should do before leaving... etc

also did the graduation reward get nerfed? i read online it was 250k credits..

thank you.. this game is fun

Last edited:
Nothing special about the PFD. Equipment is rubbish, and there are a couple of training missions that are totally different to live missions just to confuse the hell out of people.

Welcome to the real world, its really not much different unless you insist on flying in Open Mode to a really busy place.
I always recommend new CMDRs learn how to dock manually, try as many of the different mission types as possible, then get the hell out of Dodge. Dont rush for a vast credit balance, it is more likely to foreshorten your fun than enable it, there are plenty of credits to be earned whatever you do.

Nothing special about the PFD. Equipment is rubbish, and there are a couple of training missions that are totally different to live missions just to confuse the hell out of people.

Welcome to the real world, its really not much different unless you insist on flying in Open Mode to a really busy place.
I always recommend new CMDRs learn how to dock manually, try as many of the different mission types as possible, then get the hell out of Dodge. Dont rush for a vast credit balance, it is more likely to foreshorten your fun than enable it, there are plenty of credits to be earned whatever you do.

ok good to know.. i wasnt really racing for high credit balance.. i just like spaceflight, just the main reason i bought this game.. was planning to take my time and explore to every little thing.. which is why i made this post.. i got baited out of the PFD, (damn you 100k credit)... and was afraid i didnt "finish/complete" all PFD has to offer. 100% PFD completionist achievement if you will... (if something like that exists)

fighting the urge to delete and restart..

... was planning to take my time and explore to every little thing..

Yeah, about that.

400,000,000,000 star systems. In April 2019, FD confirmed that 0.036% of that had been explored, so the number now might be something like 0.05%, maybe even 0.1% (due to carriers and LTD crazyness). Good luck and a long life, you're going to need it.

Welcome to the Galaxy, CMDR.

Yeah, about that.

400,000,000,000 star systems. In April 2019, FD confirmed that 0.036% of that had been explored, so the number now might be something like 0.05%, maybe even 0.1% (due to carriers and LTD crazyness). Good luck and a long life, you're going to need it.

Welcome to the Galaxy, CMDR.

oh.. sh#% really lol?

well the PFD bubble looks small lol .. it’s that “cannot enter without a permit.” still so lol..

ok good to know.. i wasnt really racing for high credit balance.. i just like spaceflight, just the main reason i bought this game.. was planning to take my time and explore to every little thing.. which is why i made this post.. i got baited out of the PFD, (damn you 100k credit)... and was afraid i didnt "finish/complete" all PFD has to offer. 100% PFD completionist achievement if you will... (if something like that exists)

fighting the urge to delete and restart..

Of course you can indeed "Clear Save" and restart afresh - things are so much simpler the second (and later) times - however, there is no need really. You are not missing anything by leaving, in fact you are gaining by having more ships and more and better equipment available - plus of course much bigger mission rewards as you gain reputation with minor factions.

Of course you can indeed "Clear Save" and restart afresh - things are so much simpler the second (and later) times - however, there is no need really. You are not missing anything by leaving, in fact you are gaining by having more ships and more and better equipment available - plus of course much bigger mission rewards as you gain reputation with minor factions.

yeah alright im going to keep it and move on.. i was just worried about missing out on some unique rewards.. too much playing rpgs. habit...

i think the only thing i missed out on maybe just not getting the star systems unlocked because i didn’t FSS it.. ah well..

got a cobra mk3 moving on..

i think the only thing i missed out on maybe just not getting the star systems unlocked because i didn’t FSS it.. ah well..

No, all the noob-zone systems are fully detailed in the nav system of new commanders - so you would not have gained anything from FSSing them. You can't "unlock" them anyway.

Now you are out of that zone you will be able to fit a DSS (detailed surface scanner) to enable you to map bodies - which provides a bigger credit reward on selling your data.

BTW - you did get unique rewards - you received a free Sidewinder repaint (emergence) on gaining your licence and I think you should also have a "Frontier 25" repaint for the Cobra Mk III as well (that might be for everyone though, not just the new start commanders).

EDIT - Just checked and the uninhabited noob-zone systems (including the one with the detention mega-ship) are not in the nav computer by default, it seems that only some have the detailed system data pre-installed. - sorry about that

Last edited:
No, all the noob-zone systems are fully detailed in the nav system of new commanders - so you would not have gained anything from FSSing them. You can't "unlock" them anyway.

Now you are out of that zone you will be able to fit a DSS (detailed surface scanner) to enable you to map bodies - which provides a bigger credit reward on selling your data.

BTW - you did get unique rewards - you received a free Sidewinder repaint (emergence) on gaining your licence and I think you should also have a "Frontier 25" repaint for the Cobra Mk III as well (that might be for everyone though, not just the new start commanders).

EDIT - Just checked and the uninhabited noob-zone systems (including the one with the detention mega-ship) are not in the nav computer by default, it seems that only some have the detailed system data pre-installed. - sorry about that

ah well even less reason.. fretting over nothing.. thank you for checking

They don't give you that "hurry up and leave" mission until you've finished everything there is to do in Newbie Space. It is the last specially crafted newbie mission. You can ignore it and stay... but it'll be pretty boring, with not much to do, no decent ships or equipment to buy, and nothing much meaningful to accomplish.

It's time. Let it go.

They don't give you that "hurry up and leave" mission until you've finished everything there is to do in Newbie Space. It is the last specially crafted newbie mission. ........

No that isn't correct. I see it in my mucking-about-in-the-noob-zone account without going to CZ, nor mining, nor ground-based missions and many other things I have not done at the time. I don't know what does trigger it being offered - I must try to remember to check on the next clear-save in there.

When I started, one week into it I got a mission that took me outside the newbie zone and landed and lost my permit.
I was still very green, could barely dock manually. So I panicked and wipe-saved and started again and was delaying going out of it,
I was like: "When I reach 1M Cr I'll leave" then it went to "when I reach 10M Cr I'll leave".
I ended up staying for more than 3 months and left when I reached 200M Cr and a rank of Deadly. 🤣 🤣
And only because I was bored with the D rated equipment in my Cobra III.
Welcome to the big black, Commander o7.

hahahaha.. i was only worried about losing out on something permanently missable.. i dunno, some achievement reward for scanning a secret wreck site or something.

researching it a bit, doesn’t seem to be so..
i think it’s just the system entry for me not visiting it and scanning.. ie. i can see my system entry for TYET in the newbie zone all the astronomical bodies are “unknown”

Last edited:
Top Bottom