PITCH adjustment for first person camera (VR)

I would really like to enjoy this amazing game in a more ergonomic position...

This position, to be exact.
59da4f_9f821442d1ab4c2592391b4d5732b90d~mv2.png

In VR (I have an HTC Vive) there is no way to play reclined. It really would be a more ergonomic way to play & you've gotta admit... IT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

You know how the pitch axis works in the camera suite? We need something like that. So we can change the angle of our ship to match whatever angle we want to rest our heads at. Or just a tick box to unlock the HMD orientation so that the game will automagically match whatever angle our heads are tilted up/down at, regardless of what direction is actually down.
Please & thank you.

Last edited:
The first person camera needs a pitch adjustment. Ever since I got this game I've wanted to play reclined in my zero gravity recliner, but there is currently no way to adjust the first person camera's pitch... that I know of... I've tried all the different camera angles, but none of them let me get inside the head of my avatar. It's lame. I just want to lay back & put my feet up...

I'm assuming when you recline your view ends up looking at the ceiling of your ship? And possibly too low in the seat? Can you calibrate that out with the VR headset software? (I've got no idea which headset or game platform you're using and my only relate-able experience is with TrackIR).

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, can't you just use mouse view for this?

He's talking about VR, you don't use mouse look in VR because your view and positional tracking is all done by the headset.

Hey, PocketPsycho... yes, everything you say is true. If I recenter while reclined, I'll be looking up in game and I have to do situps just to see my panels. I'm using a Vive. there's no way I know of to fool the SteamVR software into changing which direction down is... I've done a lot of searching over the past year, haven't found much. There was one program someone was developing for use with motion platforms, but I never gave it a try as I don't think it would do what I want... not easily anyway..

The functionality is already there, as is evident while using the camera suite. It would be nice if the devs would just enable pitch adjustment for the standard (headless) camera in VR. Even better if I could just tick a box in the control options which tells the game to ignore whatever direction down actually is and recenter entirely based on which direction I'm facing when I press the recenter button, but... :(

Last edited:
I would really like to enjoy this amazing game in a more ergonomic position...

This position, to be exact.
59da4f_9f821442d1ab4c2592391b4d5732b90d~mv2.png

In VR (I have an HTC Vive) there is no way to play reclined. It really would be a more ergonomic way to play & you've gotta admit... IT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

You know how the pitch axis works in the camera suite? We need something like that. So we can change the angle of our ship to match whatever angle we want to rest our heads at. Or just a tick box to unlock the HMD orientation so that the game will automagically match whatever angle our heads are tilted up/down at, regardless of what direction is actually down.
Please & thank you.

Gyrosleeper keeps you in that position and can also rotate you and change inclination angle. Originally made for people with back pain. Let me know if anyone wants to try it for VR games. Perhaps we can make it work. Now we have a better model but check out this video on youtube.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3cpaeMBRP0&t=4s

I would love to be able to adjust the camera position, up - down - zoom in - and zoom - out and pitch.

FD Make it so... Plz with a 🌱 on Top

@Morphemes: I get where you are coming from but it may already be achievable - you could always try resetting the VR center position while in your notional comfortable reclined state.

VIVE/VIVE Pro user here with a pilot gaming chair and that works for me.

Top Bottom