Planet Coaster crashing every ten minutes - Autosave bug

I cannot play this game for more than ten minutes, unless I want to build nothing, but seeing as how the whole game is about building, it crashes by default every ten minutes. I can't even build my first coaster because it crashes every time the game attempts to autosave. I was having such a good time, because last night I could play for maybe 10 minutes to up to an hour between crashes, but it's just not working anymore. I've already submitted a ticket with the DxDiag and have gotten no response. Are they done supporting this game because Planet Coaster 2 is eventually coming out? I'm not interested in buying a brand new game for an experience I could get right now, with a game I've already bought. Every. Ten. Minutes. I've submitted dozens of crash reports. It's getting sooooooooooooooooooooooo old. I reinstalled the Nvidia Drivers, I disabled the Steam Overlay, I turned the graphics down to medium, despite being able to play at 60 FPS on ultra, I've tried Windows 7 compatibility mode, I set the priority to high in the task manager. Nothing works. The game doesn't run. I'm beyond frustrated, I just want to play the game I bought. If there was anything comparable, I would be running to it by now and probably never look back. The game is fantastic, but it doesn't run for more than ten minutes, and I lose all of what little progress I can make in those ten minutes everytime it crashes. Will this ever be fixed or will I have to wait for PC2?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    104.4 KB · Views: 104

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Moved it over to the Planet Coaster forum for you.
If you're still having performance issues you can reach technical support here.

Hey, just a quick update. We got the game working! I turned on the X.M.P feature in my bios, which allocates more resources to my RAM, thus taking the load off my CPU. It went from 30% usage down to 20%, and I tested it for an hour while having Youtube going in a second monitor, which would certainly have crashed the game within minutes, and there were no problems. It even runs better in general, so thanks to the support team for working with me on this over the past few days, I'm thrilled I get to play this now.

Hi, Did you try to change the autosave timer?
Also,
Did you try to save manually to see if the game also crash in this case?

Top Bottom