Planet Coaster - Update 1.0.2

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
It's announced. The update will roll out starting around 11 AM BST. Currently you're too early.

The update went live yesterday. You can try to close Steam, reboot your computer and see if Steam downloads the update after the reboot.

I have coasters that no longer function after this update (see this thread).

Was there an undocumented change to the station behaviour in this update?

Thanks Frontier for the amazing update!

Is there a solution for the FPS lag or not? I'd like to have an update for that :D.

The new update completely fixed the bad lag I was getting when I opened the UI (after update 1), the game now runs as smoothly as it did before the first update, BUT, shortly after, I had my very first crash to desktop. I'm hoping its just a coincidence. Before the crash, I was just adding some bins and benches to a path.

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Frontier
Both laptop and desktop are on the latest versions of all drivers (use ioBit to report me on updates). Till the beta I had no crash whatsoever - not even the ones reported by others in the alpha's - and have had no driver updates since).
It looks more and more like a problem with the size of the park.
I only see this happening with my "most complete" park. This park has arround 14 rides/coasters and 20 shops. only 1/4 to 1/3 of the park has been occupied (started in beta and continued in V1.0; mostly build with workshop items). There is a lot of scenery though... And both monorail and Conny Express reach the whole park.
When I start a new park I seem to have no crashes (to date).

I'm unable to continue the park via resume, when I open it via play it opens but after moving about the park for less than one minute the application crashes.

So it looks like the increase of the parksize does not include an equal increase in amount of scenery posibilities.
Over the weekend I'll try to build a park with all rides (but no scenery) and have a look at what this does to the application. My guess is it will go fine.

Also: before one of the crashes I was editing the train ride which kept telling me that the maximum for the ride was reached. Don't know what maximum that was (din't say) and after some more attempts I could finish the ride whithout removal of other stuf.

Should I upload this park somewhere for the developers so they can check it out? If so where? If so where? Steam?

Hey Beslo, I have PM'ed you about this issue as we need more information. I look forward to your reply

Both laptop and desktop are on the latest versions of all drivers (use ioBit to report me on updates). Till the beta I had no crash whatsoever - not even the ones reported by others in the alpha's - and have had no driver updates since).
It looks more and more like a problem with the size of the park.
I only see this happening with my "most complete" park. This park has arround 14 rides/coasters and 20 shops. only 1/4 to 1/3 of the park has been occupied (started in beta and continued in V1.0; mostly build with workshop items). There is a lot of scenery though... And both monorail and Conny Express reach the whole park.
When I start a new park I seem to have no crashes (to date).

I'm unable to continue the park via resume, when I open it via play it opens but after moving about the park for less than one minute the application crashes.

So it looks like the increase of the parksize does not include an equal increase in amount of scenery posibilities.
Over the weekend I'll try to build a park with all rides (but no scenery) and have a look at what this does to the application. My guess is it will go fine.

Also: before one of the crashes I was editing the train ride which kept telling me that the maximum for the ride was reached. Don't know what maximum that was (din't say) and after some more attempts I could finish the ride whithout removal of other stuf.

Should I upload this park somewhere for the developers so they can check it out? If so where? If so where? Steam?

Sorry was decorating the home today so haven't been on but looks like QA have picked up on it and talking too you so hope you get it sorted. If in meantime you want to share your park on Steam I will happily load it to see if it is system specific (i.e I can run it or not).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well Curly, looks like it's 1.0.2. :)

Haha, why yes it does ;)

Top Bottom