Planet Zoo Competition - Race to the Finals

Heyo Zookeepers!

If you have been following another thread I made in the past 2 months, you’ll know that we are holding “The Planet Zoo Award Show” right now. If you’re not following this, totally ok, you can still participate in this challenge.

In this award show we try to find the best animal in the game across the board. We have made it down to the top 8. These are the top 8 who have advanced:

African Crested Porcupine
North Island Brown Kiwi
Butterflies
Lar Gibbon
Giant Anteater
Binturong
Tasmanian Devil
Maned Wolf

Your Challenge

Your challenge is to choose your favourite out of these 8 and make the perfect habitat them!
This challenge is all about creativity. Especially because there is no size limit to how big your enclosure is!

Rules:

• As mentioned earlier, no size restraints.
  • You can only build for one animal (unless they have an inter species bonus with one of the other 8, e.g anteater and maned wolf)
  • If you choose butterflies, there is no limit to how many WTEs you can use.
  • You are allowed to use all 5 species of butterflies instead of just picking one species
To submit your enclosures, you can do one (or both) of two:
  • Upload your enclosure as a blueprint to the workshop and link it here.
  • Upload screenshots of your enclosure here in this thread.
To decide who wins, I will let you guys vote on each others builds. Whoever gets the most votes combined plus my own thoughts, will be the winner.

Your last day to build will be October 9th, one week from now. October 10th is voting day, then I will reveal the winner on the 11th.

Prize

The winner of this contest will get a pretty good prize. Whichever animal you chose to build for, if you win, that animal will be sent straight from the top 8 all the way to the finale (final 3) in our Planet Zoo Award Show.

Until this competition ends, the PZ Award show will be put on pause. Also your welcome to share your building progress here as we lead up to the 9th!

Have fun!

Last edited:
Heyo Zookeepers!

If you have been following another thread I made in the past 2 months, you’ll know that we are holding “The Planet Zoo Award Show” right now. If you’re not following this, totally ok, you can still participate in this challenge.

In this award show we try to find the best animal in the game across the board. We have made it down to the top 8. These are the top 8 who have advanced:

African Crested Porcupine
North Island Brown Kiwi
Butterflies
Lar Gibbon
Giant Anteater
Binturong
Tasmanian Devil
Maned Wolf

Your Challenge

Your challenge is to choose your favourite out of these 8 and make the perfect habitat them!
This challenge is all about creativity. Especially because there is no size limit to how big your enclosure is!

Rules:

• As mentioned earlier, no size restraints.
  • You can only build for one animal
  • If you choose butterflies, there is no limit to how many WTEs you can use.
  • You are allowed to use all 5 species of butterflies instead of just picking one species
To submit your enclosures, you can do one (or both) of two:
  • Upload your enclosure as a blueprint to the workshop and link it here.
  • Upload screenshots of your enclosure here in this thread.
To decide who wins, I will let you guys vote on each others builds. Whoever gets the most votes combined plus my own thoughts, will be the winner.

Your last day to build will be October 9th, one week from now. October 10th is voting day, then I will reveal the winner on the 11th.

Prize

The winner of this contest will get a pretty good prize. Whichever animal you chose to build for, if you win, that animal will be sent straight from the top 8 all the way to the finale (final 3) in our Planet Zoo Award Show.

Until this competition ends, the PZ Award show will be put on pause. Also your welcome to share your building progress here as we lead up to the 9th!

Have fun!
Question: can we build a combination habitat? For example Anteater and Maned Wolf?

I’m having trouble with the creative part. It’s especially hard considering the animal I chose has basically no interesting things about it other than one which I could probably Never manage to incorporate into the build.

I’m having trouble with the creative part. It’s especially hard considering the animal I chose has basically no interesting things about it other than one which I could probably Never manage to incorporate into the build.
Which animal did you choose?

You could make a nocturnal building for it? Or use the new viewing domes to create a grasslands habitats with domes popping up through the tall grass?
I tried the domes- did not work out well considering the entrance is 4 meters high and practically impossible to cover up where I put it.

A nocturnal house is a cool idea. Maybe I’ll do that…

I started a little area for them I’m gonna call ‘Porcupine Paradise.’ It’s a smallish habitat in a children’s zoo section with a little fountain for them to go in and a North African themed house. I’m not too sure if I like it though. I’ll wait and see.

I have finished my build!

It isn’t that creative, more just a generic zoo habitat, but I’m proud of it!

Welcome to Porcupine Paradise! This habitat was built in the Children’s Zoo section of the Eastborro Zoo to house two female African Crested Porcupines. Their names are Ash and Sahara, and they were given to the zoo after being rescued from a traveling petting zoo. Their exhibit features a North African themed fountain for them to cool off in, and a mini-palace. All for them to enjoy their life in Paradise.
4D3C84CC-42DF-45E8-B0FF-91D9FA7BA367-min.jpeg
54E20E4B-0705-4B03-884F-D1F719254E8F-min.jpeg

I have finished my build!

It isn’t that creative, more just a generic zoo habitat, but I’m proud of it!

Welcome to Porcupine Paradise! This habitat was built in the Children’s Zoo section of the Eastborro Zoo to house two female African Crested Porcupines. Their names are Ash and Sahara, and they were given to the zoo after being rescued from a traveling petting zoo. Their exhibit features a North African themed fountain for them to cool off in, and a mini-palace. All for them to enjoy their life in Paradise.View attachment 369429View attachment 369430
Love the fountain and fancy vibes, very royal 👑

Was building a lar gibbon exhibit for my franchise zoo, and figured I'd just throw it here as well. Features an outdoor yard and inside viewing. Included a few hanging basket constructs as well. The gibbons don't use them super often and it needs to be cleaned up but they are usable. Indoor viewing section inspired by a trip I took to the Pittsburgh Zoo last week. More detailing is going to get done later but I'm not sure when I'll have time to do that this week so this will have to do. Forum is telling me my photos are too large, so an album link is here. Source: https://imgur.com/a/ZsLKU3m

I’ll try to participate. I’ve only recently just built a Tasmanian Devil habitat for my new Oceania zoo, but I don’t know whether to use it or build a newer, more creative one from scratch. I’ll see what I can do. I even have a pretty good idea, but I won’t spoil it.

Last edited:
I’ll try to participate. I’ve only recently just built a Tasmanian Devil habitat for my new Oceania zoo, but I don’t know whether to use it or build a newer, more creative one from scratch. I’ll see what I can do. I even have a pretty good idea, but I won’t spoil it.
Up to you, if you don’t finish it then you can always upload the one you already made, either way the devils get a nice home!

One of my favorites animals in this competition is the maned wolf so i decide to build an habitat for they!!! I added to my Desert zoo and the result is this

Look at the monkeys behind!!
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.41.14.01.png
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.42.10.02.png
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.44.50.03.png

The habitat itself also it has the spanish/latin america name of the Maned wolf
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.45.51.05.png
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.47.01.06.png

Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.45.29.04.png
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.47.49.07.png
Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 22.51.09.08.png

And the habitat in the tropical map

Planet Zoo 2023.10.06 - 23.02.21.09.png

I´ll put later the steamworkshop link to the habitat but still need add some thing for the bluprints in another biomes because it looks better in the desert/grasslands maps and in the tropical and temperate not much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom