🦙 Planet Zoo: Update 1.2 and South America Pack out now! 🦙

It appears the latest patch has solved the dehydration bug (I haven't noticed it pop up yet), but the cleanliness is still an issue. Btw, after my post in regards to how hardware shouldn't affect a game's problems I learned that games aren't written with hardware in mind, but with the OS (Operating System) in mind. All developers do is say that their game needs 'at least this-and-this hardware (minimum requirements)' to at least run on a computer, but they don't take into account all the different configurations that people might have. So bugs/issues that arise are practically never due to hardware, but always due to software, which means that the game itself causes the problems, which in turn leads me to make the point - again - that the game shouldn't have been released in the state it was (is?) in and that it's weird that the players are essentially 'beta testing' the game.

Don't get me wrong, I think Frontier is really giving its all to solve the reported issues, but the fact of the matter is that there should never have BEEN this many issues to begin with. The game could've really done with a lot more testing before being released. I mean, when you buy a product, be it software, hardware, food or an appliance, you expect it to be functional from the moment you install/start/use it. When it doesn't, you have the right to go back to the seller/manufacturer to ask for them to fix it or refund your money. When the seller/manufacturer tells you that you just have to wait for a couple of weeks/months for them to fix it, wouldn't you get angry or at least be disappointed? I would.

It's strange to see how (buggy) games somehow get a free pass when they throw around that their game 'is a service'. NO. A game is NOT a service. Your internet provider PROVIDES a service. Your phone company PROVIDES a service. A game is NOT a service. A game is a game and it should be a complete product the moment it 'hits the shelves'. There can be small bugs or glitches that can be fixed with a hotfix, but a game should be playable without major crashes and issues from the get-go. Even 'online all the time' games are NOT a service. The moment you buy a game it should be yours and you are entitled to a fully functioning game.

I apologize about the rant, but this is something that's been really bugging me for the past couple of years. To see a game that I truly still enjoy (I play PZ almost daily) still be unplayable for some people and have issues that are potentially game-breaking really saddens and disappoints me.

Top Bottom