Horizons Player-owned Stations?

I know fleet carriers will not be be introduced for ages, but if they function like megaships, does that make them stations? I sort of hope they will have outfitting services and maybe a shipyard or commodities market. Or maybe we could get player-owned planetary bases, build our own so we can pick our own home system. I just think it would be a good idea for FD to introduce somewhere that a player can own and customise, rather than squat in someone else's starport.

I would really like some opinions on this.

Elite is about you being a single pilot flying one ship. You can pick any home system you want; I recommend one that has a ship yard.

Setting up and maintaining a planetary base is expensive. It requires a large population to keep all the services working. It requires frequent deliveries of food, air, water and supplies. It is not just a house that exists on some corner of the planet.

Commodities markets would probably affect the Background Simulation (BGS) of the system they are in. This would make game play difficult for many players who enjoy changing the BGS. This also goes for interstellar factors, mission boards, cartography, and other contacts.

I think I saw something about being able to upgrade fleet carriers. Adding a shipyard or outfitting would seem to me to be a reasonable upgrade, but quite expensive. You would have to spend a lot as a squadron to stock enough to maintain a decent inventory.

I know fleet carriers will not be be introduced for ages, but if they function like megaships, does that make them stations? I sort of hope they will have outfitting services and maybe a shipyard or commodities market. Or maybe we could get player-owned planetary bases, build our own so we can pick our own home system. I just think it would be a good idea for FD to introduce somewhere that a player can own and customise, rather than squat in someone else's starport.

I would really like some opinions on this.
Hey Trotsky. Player owned stations are already in game. Start your own group then start your own faction. You can do that here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Faction-System

My group has lots! See https://inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/32955/

Top Bottom