Possible updates to the game:

Okay, this is NOT a ''give us more dinosaurs'' post, or ''make a certain dlc'', because i know that is almost impossible right now. Instead, i will write about possible updates to the current game with no major content addition, so hear me out, and i hope the guys from Frontier are reading ( i highly doubt it as their company has a very bad communication belief system ).

The switch edition will be branded as ''complete'', they will possibly also put a ''complete'' edition for both pc ( steam ) and ps4 ( the ps store ) that contains the base game with all the released dlcs, but they should know the game is definitely not worthy of complete (yet), as there are many bugs occuring on regular basis, i will try to list some of them, feel free to add other major bugs you had encounterd in the comments below:

• Dino transportation: Many times when transporting dinosaurs, their bodies will remain in the ground whilst the helicopter is moving, it happens with many dinosaurs ( not always ), but i can't remember a gameplay where i haven't seen it ( i play around 1 to 2 hours per day, so i see a lot of it ! ).
  • Rangers AI: I have noted since the RtJP dlc, that the ranger jeeps pathing AI had become very bad, it would get the jeeps stuck in buildings most of the time, the problem becomes more stressing when building bigger parks, it reaches a moment where i just need to manually drive all ranger jeeps to get the job done, which frankly isn't fun when you have many enclosures to visit. I never had this problem before the RtJP dlc, it appears to somehow have sprung with the many jeep mechanics that were added alonside that dlc.
  • Low texture for some dinosaurs: The Carcharodontosaurus is one of the dinosaurs that has a very low texture even on the highest settings, and it looks even worst when wounded, i made a post about it a year ago comparing it to the Acrocanthosaurus, it still haven't changed: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/d6goye Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/d6goye/the_carchas_texture_top_one_is_still_very_poor/

There are other dinosaurs that seem to be stuck with a low texture even on the highest graphical settings, i won't be adding all of them, so feel free to add them below.
  • Mixed Era for Sandbox: I fully understand how mixing the JP and JW in the main campaign ( or dlc campaigns ) would entirely mess them up, but there is no proper explanation for not unlocking them as an option for Sandbox. I bought the Claire dlc to use its content ( the botany building and its mechanic ), then i bought the RtJP dlc because i just LOVE the JP theme, now you are telling me there is no official way to use both of my dlcs at the same time ? not even for sandbox ?? THIS must be worked on if you go calling your game ''complete''.
    PS: also some JP era decorations aren't available in the JW era which is a shame, i know they are linked to the dlc itself, but if i buy the dlc i expect to use it in sandbox as i want, not be super limited about every aspect of it.
  • Tour Trucks/Jeeps and Gyrospheres paths: It is so painful to make your best rendition of an organised park with your own creative view, only to find that when you place the tour paths, the vehicules go the wrong way, lets say i have 10 enclosures, and i want them to go from 1 to 2 to 3 ... to 10, then loop back into the tour building, it happens many times that they go from enclosure 10 to 9 ... to 1, and there is no way to reverse the direction they go into, it really kills creativity and hugely limits the way we can replay the game.
    This is a very much needed quality of life update.
  • Dinosaurs coming out of hatchery: For the moment, there are 3 modes to view a selected dinosaur, the first one is ''ground mode'', the second one ''normal mode'', and the third one ''sky mode'', when the dinosaurs come out from the hatchery ar supposed to be in ''normal mode'', but are actually stuck in ''ground mode'', i have to change between the modes to go to normal, so i have to go ''sky'', then ''ground'', then ''normal'' to get the normal mode again, which is pointless really, i rarely use the ground mode, and i never use the sky one ( unless the dinosaur goes into trees so sky mode automatically gets selected ). It is another quality of life update to cut the boring unneeded out of the optimal.
There are many other things needed that do not require new content to make the game better, i wrote down what i could recall, and i will be adding more in the comments if needs be.

Please don't get me wrong, i am not trying to downsize the work of employees i don't even know, i am just trying to help them make better a product they consider to be of the highest quality.

• Tour paths should be able to cross each other.
  • Two buildings of the same tour type should be able to connect their routes to each other like monorail stations.
  • Would be nice to have pathway gates so we could make pathways go through fences (for instance if you wanted to fence off power plants and hatcheries from the rest of the park where the guests should be).
  • Would definitely like to mix the eras in sandbox.
  • Would also like the option in sandbox to reset the digsites and research so we can actually PLAY the game with our own sandbox rules. Or just give us sandbox options in the different campaigns once we've 5-starred them. (in fact this was what I thought you were going to do when sandbox on all islands was first announced)
  • Also, those dinosaur description intros you get from the characters when you first release a species, would like to have those in sandbox as well.
  • More scenery items like fountains, dino skeletons, and amber statues for JW style park areas and some ruined vehicles, planes, and buildings for the dino enclosures. Also some fallen trees/logs. Oooh maybe a meteor crater and small volcano too. All scenery items should be available in both modes (yes, even the JP signs should be usable in JW)
  • Some new fog effects should be added both as a custom weather option but also as a new terrain tool. Imagine making a swampy enclosure for a spinosaurus with a crashed plane and some thick fog.
  • Maybe some color variants of the the JP ranger jeep. I believe in the novel they were gray and green instead of gray and red.
  • Definitely need smarter ranger AI now that they can be attacked. At the very least, get rid of the pause between tasks. If ordered to fire a flare and then resupply a feeder, the jeeps usually stop and wait for the flare to almost go out before moving towards said feeder, making the distraction pointless and costing me a ranger team. Flares should be able to me fired while on the move towards the next scheduled task. Also a "move here" task would be nice to possibly help avoid taking a route we know they will just get stuck at. I've also wanted to always have a "stay here" or "standby" option for certain situations when you knew something was going to happen and you wanted to have the jeep there ready to tackle it (like some of the breakout missions).
  • JP era. The visitor center front stairs. Put a pathway connector there please.
  • Would still like paid dlc for the different pre-order vehicle skins from the other platforms. Knowing there's something out there for some versions of the game that I don't and can't get in mine just makes me feel like mine is incomplete.

Top Bottom