Powerplay 2.0.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok guys first things first: even if I am basically retired due to real life reasons (like having not much time to play anymore), I would love to open a discussion about what we learned (in fact very little) and what we can deduce from the last live stream about PowerPlay 2.0.

First what we learned:
  • Station interiors will reflect graphically if the system is exploited by a Power, more if it is Fortified
  • The Galaxy Map is completely new and we can see that the "bubbles" are no more
  • When a system is in Stronghold state there will be some kind of support mega-ships for the system, where players will be able to interact with them in different ways
  • During the stream it's been mentioned that there will be 4 Powerplay related systems, one of them being "Stronghold", the other two presumibly being "Exploited" and "Fortified", the fourth doesn't seem to have been mentioned
Now what we can deduce (or at least what I deduced looking at the very scarce informations we had).

The very fact that station interiors will be affected by Powerplay states makes me think that these states will be all week long, mimicking what already happens with Thargoid Wars, this is the first analogy that makes me wonder if PP2.0 will be some sort of competitive Thargoid War between players.
Looking at the Glaxy Map the initial distribution of systems seems to have some "continuity" between them, almost following commercial routes: even if it could be something related to the WIP state of the project, the very fact that it seems we do not have control systems anymore makes me wonder if the "propagation" of a Power influence is more something related to the Stronghold state maybe, which extends the influence of that Power to surrounding systems, making them exploited and ready to be fortified.
The analogy with the Thargoid War system, the interaction with the megaships present in Stronghold state and in general how things seem different in the Galaxy Map, make me confident about how we will probably (and finally) have Powerplay missions, or at least different ways to contribute than hauling stuff from a point A to a point B and/or killing enemy NPCs.

I understand this is totally speculative but sadly we've been given very few informations at this point. What's your opinion about that?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom