Powerplay PowerPlay dumbed down the game [READ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright here are my complaint(s).

1. It has been substantially easier now to get credits, by substantially I mean WAY too easy. I have heard stories of people getting 10m per half hour with the Lavigny Duval bounty hunting buff, have any of you done the math for that? 8 hours of that, which some people have 4 hours+ to all day long to play, and you have an Anaconda, the person I heard using this was in a Python, which he probably got from the 50m weekly crap (speak on this next). Previously, before PowerPlay, an Anaconda would be a challenge to get, h*** even a Python is a challenge, as it should be. What about now though? A newbie can obtain a Python in 2 weeks with the help of friends who know what they are doing, now, many of you will think, is this so bad? Yes, this is not right by any means, this is a game of challenge, or it used to be, do you think Elite ranking would have any meaning if it was as easy as it is to get a Python now? No, I even have a point to go on about that later regarding how easy it is to get to trade Elite now vs back then, which isn't terrible, but you can see the difference now and come to understand my point a bit more.

2. 50 Million credits weekly for Rating 5, am I the only one who see's a problem here? I've brought this up to many people before adding it to this, one person made a good point, that point being only people who have a decent ship can possibly get to rating 5, yet I see people in vultures getting this EASILY. Am I also the only one seeing a problem here? Instead of the usual Sidey, Viper, Cobra, T6, ASP, T7/Clipper, Python/T9, Anaconda route, you're basically allowing people to totally skip every ship and get exactly what they want, and whats the fun in that? Getting everything you want when you want it, little to no work involved? I understand back before PP, trading was the only way, but that changed with Wings, bounty profits were acceptable, they weren't capable of out-doing trading which lets be honest, is totally irrealistic that anyone could make more BH profits than trading. Now another point involving 50m weekly, this can be used to "power level" accounts from sidewinders to Pythons to Anacondas, to whatever someone wants. This allows for underground sites to sell accounts with no effort, making it easy for people to not have to play the game to get end-game ships, just pay their way.

3. Trade Elite dumbing down. In the past, with 452t cargo on an Anaconda you could make around 5-7m/hr, with the PP 3k slave discount in I believe 2 of the Imp powers systems, you can now easily surpass 10m/hr, up to beyond 12m/hr with one of those "golden routes", which do exist as I have had one. Now if you can't notice this immediately, this is basically making it nearly twice as easy to hit trade Elite, I managed to even get 8% to Elite in 2 days, making the total time before I hit it at 19 days at the rate I was at, which to be honest is not too bad, but for people who previously hit trade Elite before this, it seems like a big "F you" from Frontier, that they had to work harder (nearly twice as hard) for this whilst everyone now days gets it easy. Now I do understand this is not really a big issue, it was already really hard as is, making it a tiny bit easier won't hurt, but this can be up to 50% easier...really? Where's the challenge and true EFFORT to be Elite, to have the title everyone strives for? Do you all just want to get everything easy? If so ask them for a cheat code, not this.

4. Hazardous Zones coming in 1.4. This is an obvious farming zone, if the insane combat profits with Lavigny duval were not insane enough already....then rest in pieces to the remains of a challenge in getting things in E:D's future.

5. 24/7 15% DISCOUNTS in a powers system. I forgot which power this is, but what the....? It's already INSANELY easy to get credits now, and you want 15% discounts? What is the point of Founders worlds when you get the same crap in those systems? Now it's come to my attention that founders might be 20% now, but still, thats a big "F you" to the people who Founded this game and a huge dumbing down of the way we get things. Absolute non sense. In the past, discounts were a special occasion, otherwise you had to pay full price as YOU SHOULD most of the time.

6. Combat dumbing down *MAYBE*? Now I went onto the 1.4 stress server today, and something seemed off, though this could just be me, but when I hit NPC hulls with ANYTHING, they seemed to go down substantially faster than previously? Perhaps its the new tricking me, but if this is true, then you've just made combat even cheaper to make the credit 'grind' even ridiculously easier. This is not directly related to PowerPlay, but due to the bonus, I am including it.

7. 1 month = Anaconda with PowerPlay weeklies ALONE. Include Lavigny Duval insane bonus or the insane trade routes now, that is potentially a C-A grade Anaconda build in one month, really?? The endgame absolute in 1 month now? What happened to the real challenge?

8. You can achieve 10m/hr in any ship in RES, you could only achieve 10m/hr in trading with an Anaconda/T9, is this supposed to make combat super easy now so you can get from any ship to the next EZPZ?. Ridiculous.

9. 4-5 hours weekly for 50m a week? No, thats too low and too little time to get 50 freakin million credits per week. It should be more like 12.5k merits per week, anything to make it not take such tiny amounts of effort to get that 50m. Anyone who thinks this is right, you clearly have not played this before when it wasn't so dumbed down and easy. If you'd ever earned a hard credit in your play time, then you would understand how stupid this is to only put in 4-5 hours a week and get 50m at the end of it. You literally do not even have to do anything besides grind a few merits per week, though this could be intended, it still is too much when you have people who can play vastly longer than the few who can only play 30 mins -1 hour a day. Prioritizing the 1% over the 99% is not a smart idea in this case.

10. There is NO expenses, you basically get 400m assets (which is easy now), and you get these cheap little bills that take nothing out of your credit balance, whats with this? Making credits super easy, making running costs basically nothing, giving 24/7 discounts on everything, discounts on imp slaves, huge buffs to BH profits? Really...........?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now if anyone has a bit of sense, you will clearly see how EASY it is to get everything you want now, what used to be a challenge, is now like completing a challenge in COD, easy. Many will also complain that "this is helpful to me because I don't have much time per day", well look? 10M per hour with that buff, 1 hour per day for 16 days and you have 160m. That's more than a casual player like this example could get in a month + back then, still think you deserve to get special treatment now? You already have it easy, person/people I'm making an example of, take note of it. I am also aware that not everyone chooses A-Lavigny Duval, but it doesn't matter, you can still achieve that now either way. I'm sure hardly NO ONE will agree with me, mainly people in cheaper ships, but ask yourself why? Is it because you want to get bigger ships easy without the challenge? I'm fairly sure few people in the end-game ships will disagree with me, if so its probably because they want upgrades they can't afford yet, and when they get those that opinion will change most probably :) Or not, I sort of figure no one who is from PP & after will agree, as they/you do not know how this game was before it and would think my idea of this is absurd.

Anyways, my proposal, lower the weekly pay for rating 5 to perhaps 25-35m, lower the bounty hunting buff from 120-150% (whatever they are as of now) to more like 50-80%, lower or totally remove the 3k discounts, totally remove the 15% 24/7 discounts as they destroy founders world purpose and are just generally there to make it easy. My personal opinion? BH should be as it was before PP and after wings where they buffed it a good bit, but say with Lavigny Duvals buff, around 30% higher profits for "cleansing" her systems.

Lastly, if anyone is here to criticize my spelling or punctuation, your reply is not wanted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom