Powerplay leaderboards suggestion

Hi.
Would it be possible in PP2.0 to have separate Powerplay player-specific leaderboards for Open play, Private Group and Solo modes?
The information offered by the leaderboards is a fantastic addition. It could also be adapted to offer more information for the "future discussion" on the Open/closed debate.
I believe more information is needed on exactly how many players, belonging to which powers abuse utilize closed modes and to what degree, in order to glean what incentives could be influencing opinions on different sides of the powerplay aisle.

This seems logical to me, certain accomplishments could carry much different weight to my point of view depending on whether they were accomplished in open against live players vs on solo vs NPC. Private group as a separate board would be reasonable since it's more likely to be a co-op pve vs NPC.

For example, someone with say 100 kills in Shinrarta Dezhra would hit differently based on whether the player was doing it in open(a.k.a likely involving hostile players), than if they were doing it in solo, so entirely against NPC pilots.
Similarly, say someone is hammering through ax combat zones and killing hydras, basilisk's, and assault craft, that is going to hit different in solo, literally on their own with a few npc Pilots, than it would in PG where you would potentially be teaming up with others for o co-op pve, or solo where you may also have hostile player sympathizers to deal with. Different game modes involve different levels of risk for the same activity.

Currently, game mode would be difficult to quantify since we tend to hold merits for a time, and any of that time could be in open, PG or solo. With 2.0 that might not be the case. My impression is that merits will be earned instantly. That could potentially give us (or FDev) more visibility on what is being done in what game mode. With regards to the leaderboard, you could include that in the board. Like, (5,000 Open, 2,000 PG, 3,000 Solo). Something like that.

Actually ignore that, hauling wouldn't be. You could go solo, then come out of solo when you get to the target. I don't see an easy way out of that that isn't "switching modes will destroy your PP cargo".

Actually ignore that, hauling wouldn't be. You could go solo, then come out of solo when you get to the target. I don't see an easy way out of that that isn't "switching modes will destroy your PP cargo".
Or hauled cargo could be tagged as solo cargo the moment you enter a game mode that isn't open.
Code it in a way that in the future, you could do Open only powerplay/Open-weighted merits with the same system if deemed in the interest of fdev. Merits earned in Open play could affect power-side simulation, while closed mode merits would only affect your personal rank and rewards within the power.

Top Bottom