Powerplay math

Hey anyone know why it is that whenever I deliver pledges, the total fortify/preparation numbers add up to more than I'm delivering (from 7,050/8,036 to 8,180/8,036, for example)?

you force a server data update when you deliver merits. Is there anything else about it tho that makes you think it might be a bug?

I dunno anything about it being a bug, I just thought it was a little weird and it makes the powerplay pledge-work hard to measure with any precision as I’m goons from place to place

It is because someone else has made a delivery since the last time the data was updated on your computer. When you complete a delivery it updates the data on your computer. Join a Powerplay Group and they will be able to answer such questions. Do not just Fortify or Prepare systems without direction as doing so could harm the Power you are trying to support.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

View attachment 208892
I can’t tell if that was a snark attack on account of the last American election, but I’ll try that to see if it’ll help with a more useful distribution of pledges
I was being serious, that's just how to work around the bad UI for this case. You still bring the full cargo hold, but you first deliver 1 ton so you get the updated numbers for the system. You're looking to be useful to a power so you're trying to avoid overfortifying - this is very welcome to a power. But like others said here, fortifying random systems can actually be a bad thing that goes against the strategy of the power, so please look into the discord and community of the power you're looking to work with.

With cross platform activity you might also see server delays impacting the actual numbers. When our PC players report deliveries I've seen Xbox servers take as much as 20 min to register an accurate account of supplies delivered. We've learned to trust our discord reporting, but as others have said, non-reporting pilots can often bump numbers and create unnecessary over fortification of a system. The effort is non-the-less appreciated so if you cannot join a discord keep hauling it helps. o7 Cmdr.

Yeah, I've noted the powers folks have lists posted. Who runs those things, btw? Is that something FDEV is getting involved in or was someone just like, "I'm in charge of Archon Delaine's strategy now. Do this, do that"?
tenor.gif

t is because someone else has made a delivery since the last time the data was updated on your computer. When you complete a delivery it updates the data on your computer. Join a Powerplay Group and they will be able to answer such questions. Do not just Fortify or Prepare systems without direction as doing so could harm the Power you are trying to support.

CMDR Justinian Octavius
You're a Torval guy? You wanna get in on my BGS/RP for a while?

Yeah, I've noted the powers folks have lists posted. Who runs those things, btw? . . . or was someone just like, "I'm in charge of Archon Delaine's strategy now. Do this, do that"?
Patreus, like other powers, coordinate actions on the ElitePatreus discord to advance agreed upon goals/objectives, across Power Play Logistics, BGS, and PMF squadron activities. Our discord is not authoritarian, or as you suggest, "I'm in charge" experience, rather we rely on a wealth of game experience from Cmdrs that have been in the game from the beginning. My experience is limited to just over 2 years, so I find the mentoring/advice from our members exceptionally valuable. Before joining discord I would get a lot of sage advice regarding Elite gaming from this forum. Always good info, but the lag time could/would be impacted by work schedules and time zones. With our discord membership, I've never seen a lag of more than 30 min before someone provided valuable info. I think there are many ways to communicate amongst members using, Slack, Reddit, and some I think even have their own websites. I was hesitant to join discord, but think it was a very good choice and now even pay to use the service, via an annual membership. I've found a number of other discords that have increased the range of information available as well, so as gaming style changes I'm already connected.

Is that something FDEV is getting involved in
FDEV does not participate in our decision making, but I have on occasion seen them participate in various discord discussions as a welcomed guest. From my observations, their community managers participate to get a better understanding of our interests and have provided general information on some topics. I have never seen anything suggesting they offered information not already provided elsewhere, if you looked long enough you would find it.

Last edited:
I've looked up a few of the larger in-game squadrons and I'd been wondering about how it is they happen to go about coordinating their actions with the BGS side in relation to their powers, and whether that's something that people looking into the BGS for the first time maybe have to begin looking at this leisure experience as a form of labor in order to abide by the community standards of play.

Patreus, like other powers, coordinate actions on the ElitePatreus discord to advance agreed upon goals/objectives, across Power Play Logistics, BGS, and PMF squadron activities. Our discord is not authoritarian, or as you suggest, "I'm in charge" experience, rather we rely on a wealth of game experience from Cmdrs that have been in the game from the beginning. My experience is limited to just over 2 years, so I find the mentoring/advice from our members exceptionally valuable.

I've noticed quite a few of the PVP and PVE folks I've run into within-game happen to have PP gear from the other powers and have wondered what the overall stance is about that. I suppose that would depend on the various squads but at the end of the day, even with my BGS/RP project going, I'm still looking to enhance my own gaming experience without trampling on someone else's carte blanche, despite an appreciation for the overall humor involved in just watching gamers game (ie. the xbox thing).

I've looked up a few of the larger in-game squadrons and I'd been wondering about how it is they happen to go about coordinating their actions with the BGS side in relation to their powers, and whether that's something that people looking into the BGS for the first time maybe have to begin looking at this leisure experience as a form of labor in order to abide by the community standards of play.

I've noticed quite a few of the PVP and PVE folks I've run into within-game happen to have PP gear from the other powers and have wondered what the overall stance is about that. I suppose that would depend on the various squads but at the end of the day, even with my BGS/RP project going, I'm still looking to enhance my own gaming experience without trampling on someone else's carte blanche, despite an appreciation for the overall humor involved in just watching gamers game (ie. the xbox thing).
If youre getting involved with a BGS faction in a controlled or especially exploited Powerplay system, you will be treading on toes. even if it looks unfavourable and untended, it is likely to be 'by agreement' between groups, or a target to be repaired. If you want to get your own PMF inserted, speak to the locals first so you dont inadvertently find yourself crushed by a big & highly organised group from the outset. working with people is a lot more beneficial than working against them, particularly when starting-out, plus they can give you a heads-up if youre attempting the impossible, which happens quite a lot tbf. glhf

Yeah, I saw something about the Empire being bound by a treaty with Yuri Grom on some Aisling Duvall group, which seemed weird, because there's nothing in the canon that would suggest anything of the sort. meta.

super meta

Top Bottom