Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Powerplay Rating Promotion - Prismatic Sheilds query

Hi all, so I am 2weeks and 5 days into my pledge and on Rating 3 for Aisling Duval.

I noticed that it says the shields will be unlocked after 4 weeks on Rating 3. Does that mean I shouldn't upgrade to Rating 4 until I have done 4 weeks whilst on Rating 3?

Grateful for the clarification

Thanks

Nuke

No, just general time pledged, then whenever you are Rating 3 you get access to it.

You can just wait at Rating 1 for all the time required.

No, just general time pledged, then whenever you are Rating 3 you get access to it.

You can just wait at Rating 1 for all the time required.

Ahh that's brilliant, so I can carry on upgrading to Rating 4 and not worry (e.g. the if you are rating 3 or above and after 4 weeks you get it)

Ahh that's brilliant, so I can carry on upgrading to Rating 4 and not worry (e.g. the if you are rating 3 or above and after 4 weeks you get it)

Correct. Worry not, the shields will become available as soon as your pledged time hits 4 weeks. They are also available in all stations with outfitting.

Last edited:
I'm at Rating 4 after only 2 weeks. My question is this: Do I keep the access to Prismatic Shield Generator if I leave/defect? In other words, once I get access to them, I have access to them regardless of whether I remain pledged to Aisling Duval, or not.
Note. I'm not planning on leaving/defecting, I'm just curious as to what happens if I ever did. ;)

Last edited:
You won't be able to purchase the Prismatic Shield Generator once you leave/defect from Aisling. Pledged + 4 weeks time + rating 3 = Prismatics. Works this way for all powers.

Once you get the shields, don't sell them after defecting/leaving, unless you're willing to wait another 4 weeks. Most people store the shields or other powerplay modules by selling them at a station and rebuying them immediately on a different ship that supports that module class. Warning: You do have to rebuy them immediately and don't wait too long or relog, you might lose the ability to rebuy it.

For example, I just stashed a couple of Pacifiers from Hudson on my FAS and pledged to Aisling to fit some of my ships with the prismatics. I will return to Hudson, but I do want them "in stock" :D. Not flying the FAS at the moment so it's basically quite an expensive storage unit.

edit: Oh and I'm sorry, Aisling followers, that I'm abusing the power to get the shield ;).

Last edited:
Top Bottom