Pre-engineered G3 ground gears and where to find them.

So, if you are not aware yet, you can get pre-engineered G3 gear from Pioneer merchant. It's a rare thing, but not that rare. Also, note that they seem to disappear from the store for every one once bought (perhaps there is a limited quantity ? Only one ?).
So I'm opening this topic to try and find what are the conditions (if any) for such items to spawn.

I've been trying remote system (less players, less buyers), and also boom + high tech, all on ground stations (they are either less visited or more likely to offer them).

And I noticed a lot of suits, fewer weapons, and the weapons were all Takada (laser). Especially the eclipse (offered more than 4 times already, none for the AR). Pistol was offered a lot to.
I think it's related to the economy, and I'd like to collect the community's work to see what economy sells what, if there is indeed correlation. The "boom" state is perhaps more likely favoring the odds for such an item to spawn.

So :
-suits : apparently unaffected by economy.

-Takada : high tech (smg/pistol usually)
-Manticore : ? (Military ?)
-Kinematic : ? (industrial ? Military ?)

Last edited:
There are already two threads that should have lots of data for you to compare.

The gear sharing one, another listing where to find stuff. People are posting where they find different modified gear, so you could compare location data with your data.

I found and posted two G3 Artemis Suits for people to race for, found both at planetary ports, one military, one colony.

There are already two threads that should have lots of data for you to compare.

The gear sharing one, another listing where to find stuff. People are posting where they find different modified gear, so you could compare location data with your data.

I found and posted two G3 Artemis Suits for people to race for, found both at planetary ports, one military, one colony.
I thank you, I saw those topic but they seem more focused on listing where to find what (IE find a dominator G3 at this base), and less on what's the underlying factor that make them appear.

Suits seems to be unrelated to the economy ? I find all 3 in high tech. Guns, however, seems to be related. I'll try to comb the threads to find a correlation, but I wouldn't mind if people started to post their own experience.

So, I just went to a few system, and checked other CMDR report. So far, it's possible Manticore comes from military (also had multiple report of "high security"), and Kinematic from extraction. War state has been mentioned albeit inconsistently for Kinematic.
I've also seen several report of "corporate" being a good thing for stuff.

Personally, had 1-2manticore in a military outpost (not high sec), and a few kinematics (g2 launcher, g3 AR) from an extraction/war outpost.

Top Bottom