Prehistoric DLC

Hello,

I really enjoy this game and got really excited when I saw that planet zoo had sponsored the elephant cam at the San Diago zoo.

I would really enjoy a DLC that would add practical extinct animals that either were in zoos or could have at some point but went extinct. I realize that this game has a goal to increase animal awareness globally as any zoo simulator would but I think an extra step of showing how we have already lost so many animals would help reinforce that idea. Rather than in other zoo simulator games, that have dinosaurs or very common extinct species like the mammoth or saber-tooth tiger, by using more realistic and less common animals it could reinforce the idea that extinction is totally possible and can be seen within the span of a few generations.

Animals I think could be included in this pack include:

Stomach-Brooding Frog - a nice new animal for exhibits
Bucardo (Pyrenean Ibex) - went extinct in 2000 to show that extinction still happens
Quagga
Thylacine
West African Black Rhinocerous - went extinct in 2011

To incorporate this better into the game, as all of these species would be extinct, I suggest that there could be a genetics facility also included in this pack. One that would require some of the zoo's funds to both research the animal first, but then also to attempt to create a baby animal of a selected species. This could potentially also lead to allowing us to attempt to make stronger species of already in-game animals that are a bit harder to breed. This would also show players that although animals can and do go extinct, that science is attempting to fix this problem by recreating animals.

I really enjoy this game and would love to see my idea come into the game if you guys think this is a valid idea.

The game is still missing a ton of animals that aren't extinct, so I'm opposed to this idea.

I'm saying that as someone who has the thylacine as my favourite animal. I consider it the greatest tragedy of the 20th Century that the thylacine went extinct, but I wouldn't want to see them in Planet Zoo purely because given the limited amount of support the game probably has, having extinct (even recently extinct) animals likely means we'd miss out on animals that are still extant and can still be saved.

I don't think the title matches the actual suggestion :p

Many topics have shown up about it and a lot of people don't like the idea for different reasons: Want Frontier to focus on current living animals, too much sci-fi or just doesn't fit the tone of the game.

Tbh, don't see this happening.

I know there are still many animals that need to be included in the game but I would love something with more recently extinct animals like the Javan tiger, thyacine, Barbary lion, etc animals of that sort that are not really prehistoric but recently extinct. I think it would make for some fun breeding where we would have to breed these back in our zoos to release to the wild. A scenario like this would be fun IMO for franchise mode and give something to do. I don’t see anything of the sorts happening though.

Dinosaurs, extinct and mythical animals should only come to Planet Zoo as statues or robotics. No more than that as it takes away the realism of the game. The developers wanted the game to be realistic. So far, the majority of those playing the game want it kept that way too, based on all the comments that have been posted at a multitude of sites.

Dinosaurs, extinct and mythical animals should only come to Planet Zoo as statues or robotics. No more than that as it takes away the realism of the game. The developers wanted the game to be realistic. So far, the majority of those playing the game want it kept that way too, based on all the comments that have been posted at a multitude of sites.
Yes but some animals that are recently extinct could make for some fun in game breeding challenges.

Yes but some animals that are recently extinct could make for some fun in game breeding challenges.

Given the apparent pattern of the DLCs and numbers of animals we can expect I’d be hugely disappointed if we got any extinct animals, recent or otherwise.

A model or stuffed thylacine would be great for educational displays though.

Yeah
Given the apparent pattern of the DLCs and numbers of animals we can expect I’d be hugely disappointed if we got any extinct animals, recent or otherwise.

A model or stuffed thylacine would be great for educational displays though.
Yeah that would be cool and better then nothing.

Frontier's already made Jurassic World Evolution so no dinosaurs.

You dont know of the majority wants that, not everyone gives their opinion... I would love to have the types of dlcs that you mentioned.. And people who say they should not make certain types of dlcs, luckyly a dlc is an option :D

Top Bottom