Prices Exchange Rates £$€

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I was wondering why Frontier choose to use exchange rates in their prices. They are a Brittish company and thus they use pounds as their first currency. I am interested in the early access key which is £60. For people living in the United States the price is set on $75. As a Europeon residence I pay €68.

Other companys use the same price in every currency. So £60, $60 and €60 which results in a exchange loss for the company but most of the time a higher overall margin due to higher sales.

I would like to know why Frontier has choosen this kind of price technique since I like to pay the same amount in my own currency, which is €60.

Thanks!

Anthonie

It's unfair to make £ the same price as dollars considering their is an exchange rate for a reason and the price is livin is different in different places. If it was set to 60 diallers this would be worth £40 thus unfair to make British people pay more. Infant it is a very smart business fission to protect frontier especially if this game is going to be around for dud just a long time

Last edited:
Other companys use the same price in every currency. So £60, $60 and €60 which results in a exchange loss for the company but most of the time a higher overall margin due to higher sales.

What companies do that? I defy you to show me any retail (non-promotional) product selling for £60, $60 and €60 on the same site from the same vendor. while at it, find one that also offers 60 rupees and 60 NZD.

Brett C

Frontier
Currency exchange rates dictate the price of our products in other currency types. We will never have price values exactly the same across different exchange types (meaning: 10$ is 10 EUR, and 10$ is 10GBP - not going down that route). [happy]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom