Private journal of Felowen Dodge

This journal is being kept by Felowen Dodge to track my progress as I travel the universe.

I have always had a head for business and for figuring out the less traditional routes to reduce the likelihood of security interruptions. The clients I have gained so far seem to be happy with my service, enough so that I was able to finally afford a nice, slightly used Cobra a few days back. After a few additions and modifications, she is running well. This morning I awoke on the outpost in Trella after resting here the night. I made my delivery yesterday for modest credits ( a legal shipment so I can not complain). I Made my way to grab some breakfast when I was approached by a contact in Trella regarding a shipment requiring a little discretion. It seems the demand for tobacco in Punna has risen lately and this gentleman had acquired a couple tons of fresh product for them but did not have the means of delivering them. I have traveled through Punna before and am aware they usually are very light on security near the port so I opted to take on the job once I was told of the payout. These folks truly are desperate. I was offered just over 500K credits for a nice short trip. This new ship is really paying off for having the extra speed and cargo room.

I charted my jumps to bring about the least amount of notice and had them load the cargo inside the bay nice and secure. Within the hour I was on my way quietly off deck. Three jumps later I was approaching the Outpost to find not a soul in the area. I was able to glide right into landing dock 1 without being disturbed. My contact there was eagerly waiting on her new product for distribution and her hired help easily removed the cargo after I had received my credits in my account.

A very nice start to the day. I am waiting to see how the rest of my day goes after this.

Later that day...

Ok, so now with some decent credits filling my account I decided to head down to the Outfitter's office to see what options might be had at this small outpost. I was in luck, as it seems they have a fairly good supply here. I was able to order up a few items and the guy said he could have his team install them in a few hours. Looks like I would have to spend some time at the local shops to kill some time and see if there were any good jobs heading out of here by this afternoon. My invoice shows a new class C3 life support as well as a 16 ton cargo casing to allow for better organization of my freight. I also had the other 8 ton unit taken out and replaced with an auto field unit to make repairs in a pinch, should I be far from an outpost and running into trouble.

Through a contact it seems I have a small bounty on me from a job I delivered in Sun Takush. I guess I will need to avoid there for a while to wait that out. I hope I don't miss any lucrative jobs heading that direction.

Installations finished and a few more transports lined up

Upon walking in to inspect the fresh new upgrades I was very happy with the work provided. These folks are very efficient and had my ship complete in less time than quoted. This was good news as I had come across a couple jobs requiring my attention today. The last one for the day would find me in the Khelma system. Seems someone had put a deposit on 12 new, well let's call them workers and needed them transported to their new place of employment in Kollobokos. I guess the new employer was desperate to get them to work right away as they offered a tidy sum of just under 183k credits for such a short trip. Once again I sorted through the course information I had to ensure a quick, more private route. It is just over 5Ly away so we arrived at the outpost without event. Once docked, I was approached by a representative and their team to retrieve the guests from my ship. Payment was confirmed and I secured my ship so I could go seek out a place to rest for the night.

Top Bottom