Probe launched out of aiming reticule!!

This has been bugging me ever since new surface scanner came out. Probes are being launched out of the aiming reticule and not out of the ship. Seriously if you haven't noticed this have a look at the probes trajectory, the probes are literaly being launched 100ls ahead of the ship. I suppose these probes are cross dimentional as well as limitless...

Please have their trajectory begin from behind the viewing camera, aka the ship.

This has been bugging me ever since new surface scanner came out. Probes are being launched out of the aiming reticule and not out of the ship. Seriously if you haven't noticed this have a look at the probes trajectory, the probes are literaly being launched 100ls ahead of the ship. I suppose these probes are cross dimentional as well as limitless...

Please have their trajectory begin from behind the viewing camera, aka the ship.

When I launch them while I am still moving they come from behind me and pass the ship. As for being 100ls ahead of the ship, I don't think so, you can't even launch them that far away from a body you are probing, let alone have them launch 100ls in front of you, I suspect you meant something else though.

When I launch them while I am still moving they come from behind me and pass the ship. As for being 100ls ahead of the ship, I don't think so, you can't even launch them that far away from a body you are probing, let alone have them launch 100ls in front of you, I suspect you meant something else though.
I'm referring to the detailed surface scanner when you launch probes in supercruise.

I'm referring to the detailed surface scanner when you launch probes in supercruise.

So am I. You can't launch probes from the detailed surface scanner when you are out of range of the body you are scanning, and 100ls is way to far away to be able to scan anything, let alone the probes launching from 100ls in front of you.

So am I. You can't launch probes from the detailed surface scanner when you are out of range of the body you are scanning, and 100ls is way to far away to be able to scan anything, let alone the probes launching from 100ls in front of you.
100ls is an exaggeration. My problem has to do with the tragectory of the probe when you launch it. Its starting point is in the aiming reticule itself and not the ship where it should be coming from. The probe is coming out of the reticule which is ahead of the ship. Sorry for not explaining it properly. I'll try post a vid to show what I mean.

Top Bottom