Problem with terrain construction on habitat walls

Hello, I'm currently building a new habitat and need to bring some increased terrain to connect to a wall but there is always some space left between the hill and the wall.
dnpoybhz.png

This is a real problem because I need this for the swimming area. Right now its flooding the whole habitat.

I already checked the options menu but no matter what I tried, it never worked.
26933vb9.png

This only occured after the Update and the DLC. Before I installed them it worked perfectly fine on another habitat.
dbb9jvmx.png

Any ideas?

On the backside yes, but not on the spot I try too cover.

I also tried it with other walls that I put on a free space. No path or anything nearby. Still dosn't work.

If possible try without the path. Terrain is easier to modify without paths nearby.

But if other places without paths have similar issues it appears the wall is blocking it somehow even though collision is off.

Maybe a save game bug.

As I said the problem also occurs without the path.

Is there anything that blocks water like walls? I tried to block it with rocks but it didn't work.

No only walls.

Can you change the terrain without the walls? Then place the walls afterwards?

Seems to be the only option for now, even though it took quite a while to line the walls up to be parallel to where the path should go.

I'm having the same problem! worked fine before the update. I can also not edit the terrain around enrichment items anymore for example the mud bath, worked fine before as well.

Maybe there is something wrong with the settings, maybe they appear to be on in the menu, but maybe something isn't working right.

Try activating collision, save the game, re-open saved game and de-activate collision.

That did the trick for the enrichment collision, thanks! But not for the barriers unfortunately

Are you guys sure there isn't a path within 1-2 meters?
Terrain adjustment (if all collisions are de-activated) is only not possible when there is either a path or water nearby.

Are you guys sure there isn't a path within 1-2 meters?
Terrain adjustment (if all collisions are de-activated) is only not possible when there is either a path or water nearby.
Yep. As I said I tried it on another wall that I placed on an empty space.

f7aeptz2.png

Last edited:
Yes exactly. (y)

And I think this confirms what you say. So yeah, it is a habitat fence thing.

Someone submitted it to the issue tracker already. I'll put the link in here. Hopefully Frontier can figure something out.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Back
Top Bottom